Chapter 36

Amelia

A date?
The sound of that doesn't seem so bad... But let me mess with him a little bit.
" Actually, I don't think I can right now. I've been very busy, you know with school and all..."

I swear I could literally see the color draining from his face, it was so adorable.
"Oh, um okay. J-just tell me when you'll be available I guess. If you want to. It's not like I wanna f-force you or anything"

Aww, was Jacey actually embarrassed? That was simply epic.

"I'm just joking asshat, of course, I would love to go out with you." I said with a huge grin on my face.

"Haha, I definitely knew that! I just wanted to play along with you." He exclaimed.

"Yeah, sure. You're in denial cause you don't wanna admit that you almost got rejected." I retorted playfully. I just enjoy messing with him so much.

"How could I be in the Nile if I'm here talking to you."  Jace answered trying to stifle a laugh.

I stared at him, too dumbfounded at the stupid joke he made to say anything back, but I still let out a small chuckle after and chose not to comment on it since he looked so proud of the fact he came up with that.

I didn't want to ruin this innocent and childish look on his face. He looked too precious for that.

"Plus you love me too much to refuse an amazing date with the one and only." He continued with confidence clearly showing on him

"Yeah, I do." I finalized.

"So... Tonight at 8?" he asked.

"Tonight at 8." I repeated.

After that, he leaned in for a quick kiss but I didn't want to let go just yet, being with him brings back feelings I haven't felt in a while. 

The feeling of utter happiness and safety.

I simply couldn't get enough of him,  I tried to deepen the kiss and get impossibly closer to him. Feeling his body on mine creates an indescribable rush of emotion. One that I never want to lose.

Much to my dismay, before our kiss got too heated, he pulled back and rested his forehead on mine. 

He firmly held my shoulders and said almost breathlessly "Alright, that's where we gotta stop unless you want to go back up in my room, unable to move the next day."

Before I even had time to process what he said, Luke came barging back with his little backpack all giddy and ready to go to Mel's. "Come on, let's go! I'm going to be late!" 

Jace and I simultaneously laughed at his excitement and headed to his car to accompany him.

The whole car ride consisted of stolen glances and discreet touches, making sure Luke doesn't catch onto us, but of course, we underestimated his intelligence and he directly called us out.

"You guys could at least wait until you drop me off to be all lovey-dovey."

This transformed into the most awkward twenty minutes of my whole life.

An hour later, we were back at the Fall's house so that I could pick up my things since I forgot them when we left, and I couldn't help looking around while he prepared himself some pasta. At the end of a dark corridor, I found a framed picture hanging on the wall. Curious to find out the contents of the picture, I turned on the lights and saw a family photo that's probably more than five years old.