Part 27: Ruhi

"Hello guys, here's the update. But this time, I'd like to apologize beforehand because I'd like to write something personal: The world is definitely shaken by the death of Shushant Singh Rajput. It might feel like a personal loss for the whole world as some might identify themselves as a victim, as the present friend, as the non-active friend and others. Personally, since I was younger, I identified myself as someone who always cared for others. I used to send texts to my friends and always tried to maintain a relationship. I've also several times go beyond means and ways to bring a smile into the face of others and make them happy. I feel proud and I try to not expect anything from them in return.

But, sometimes it sucks. Honestly, it drains you. As I treaded forward, I realized when I looked back, I had no one to support me and hold me the way I was there for my friends or acquaintances and family.
Imagine the person who always supports others and when she needs support, there's no one. I hardly received texts if I didn't text first and it felt intrusive to text the others then.

I felt more touched because the world knew Sushant as an ever laughing person, and I was always called the ever smiling girl by others. I used smiles and laughs to camouflage the pain but my diaries and my pillows have known my tears. At times, when I feel like giving up or doing something bad to myself, I remember my mother, her arms, her warmth, I remember the smile of my father, the laughs of my sister and brother-in-law, meetings with my closest friends and I smile back. I always manage to find even a tiniest reason to continue moving forward. If you feel low at times, remember all the good you have, see the tiniest light at the end of the tunnel and try to make yourself stronger and definitely talk about it. I'd love if you are willing to talk or message me. Thank you very much all of you. Please enjoy the part and don't forget the comments. I love you all."
-Vibha

To be honest, I really did not understand what actually happened in the court today. I just know that we won the case because Ishima, Raman Uncle and Akshara Aunty were very happy at the end of the case.

I also realized that the father of Jai, Mr. Singhal is a very bad man after all that his wife said about him. I am happy he will be put in jail for all his wrongdoings. But one thing I still do not understand is how Ishima and Raman Uncle are related to this case? Ishima has not told me anything about it yet. Also, I am very confused about something that the lawyer said during the case.

I am sure I heard him say that Ishima and Raman Bhalla are married! But how can this be true? Does that mean that Ishima and Raman Uncle are husband and wife now and I do not know anything about it yet? I know I have been secretly wishing that this can be true, but why are they hiding such a thing from me?

I hold both of their hands when we leave the courtroom. As we approach our cars, I hear Ishima say goodbye and thanks to Raman Uncle, but I keep on holding their hands tightly.

"Goodbye Ruhi", Raman Uncle bends and says to me, "I will have to go now. Dadi and Simmi Bua must be waiting for me."

I gesture at Ishima to get down as well. Then, I look at both of them and ask, "are you two hiding something from me?"

I see both of them look at each other and after some time, Ishima tells me, "Ruhi dear, let's go home. I will explain it all to you."

But I have no intention to go until one of them answers my question. "I want to know Ishima. Please tell me!"

"Ruhhh...", Raman Uncle exhales before looking at Ishima.

"Are you married to each other? I heard the lawyer say that you two are married now! Did you get married today, but why are you hiding it from me?"

I see both of them stare open-mouthed at each other before Ishima closes her eyes and looks down. After some time, she opens her eyes full of tears.

"Yes Ruhi. We got married today. We had to. It was the only solution that would get Mr. Singhal arrested and..."

"And? But...why didn't both of you tell me about it? It's such an important and happy thing and..."

"Ruh, we would have told you soon bachcha", Raman Uncle tells me.

"But Raman Uncle if you two are married, that means that we are going to live with you now. I know all husbands and wives stay together isn't it?"

Ishima starts patting her forehead before looking at Raman Uncle and then at me, "Ruhi, let's go home. We'll discuss it there. Ishima is having a headache now."

"Yes Ishima, but isn't Raman Uncle's house our home now? Shouldn't we be going there?"

But this time, instead of replying to me, Ishima runs towards our car and stands there.

"Ruh, Ishima is very tired today bachcha. Go home now. I promise you, I will come and meet you tonight and we will talk about it. But do not ask your Ishima anything till then. Promise me that", Raman Uncle tells me.

"I promise Raman Uncle", I say before he picks me up and we walk towards Ishima.

I see Raman Uncle and Ishima once again look at each other as he places me into her arms

I see Raman Uncle and Ishima once again look at each other as he places me into her arms. But, before he turns around to leave, I grab his hands and tell him, "does it mean that I can call you papa now?"