Part 30: Ruhi

"Hello everyone. Sorry for the late update. Please enjoy and do leave comments. Take care, be safe, be happy."

I cannot even express how happy and excited I feel today.  I am wearing my new green churidaar that dadi brought for me for me today. The whole house is buzzing with excitement, there are fresh flowers everywhere and marigold garlands have been used to decorate the whole house. Ishima's friends, the relatives and my grandparents are also here. Everyone is so busy.

Right now, Ishima is getting ready for her haldi. I go see her and find her wearing a beautiful yellow saree. She looks happy, but I am happier than her today. I see everyone apply the haldi on her face and body and I also apply it to her face, and Mihika Chiti playfully smeared the haldi on my face as well. Patti got very emotional when she was applying the haldi on Ishima, she took her into her arms and started crying, but she quickly started smiling and started caressing her.

 Patti got very emotional when she was applying the haldi on Ishima, she took her into her arms and started crying, but she quickly started smiling and started caressing her

After the haldi ceremony, we got really busy preparing for the Sangeet ceremony that is going to be held tonight in the hall downstairs. We had very less time to prepare for all the dance performances. I felt that Ishima was slightly panicking because she would have to dance with Papa tonight but they have not rehearsed their dance even once yet.

Everyone gets so excited when Papa arrives with all his family members for the Sangeet. I still couldn't believe that all this was happening for real. Some months ago we were just strangers, he was only a teacher for me and now he is becoming my papa. I feel very lucky. Dadi told me that this is all God's plan and I really want to thank God today for everything he's provided me so far. Thank you so much God.

Papa takes me into his arms and hugs me tightly as he enters the hall. "You look so handsome Papa", I tell him and he winks at me and says, "thank you my Princess. This is all by your grace my bachcha. I hope your Ishima thinks so as well", and we both laugh.

I stare at Papa as his eyes look for Ishima in the big hall. He finally sees her and stands transfixed as he watches her talk to Mihika Chiti and her friends. He doesn't move or blink even once and when Ishima raises her head and finds him staring at her, she lowers her head immediately and starts blushing. I start grinning at both of them.

Everyone dances during the ceremony. Even if we had very little time to practice, everyone was dancing really well and was enjoying themselves thoroughly. I also danced along with my friends. At last, it was time for Ishima and Papa's dance. Everyone stood up and started clapping excitedly as they waited for them to go on the stage. I wish both of them good luck as they walked towards the stage.

I see Ishima reluctant to start dancing at first, but then Papa offers her his hand and as soon as Ishima slowly places her hands in his, everyone in the hall start clapping and shouting excitedly. The "ye moh moh ke dhaage teri ungliyon se ja uljhe" tune start playing in the background and they start dancing. It did not seem even once that these two have not practiced this dance before. Both were dancing beautifully and with the perfect sync. Everyone stood up and clapped loudly for them after their dance. The ceremony ended very late in the night. We enjoyed it a lot and there was no one in the hall that did not dance with us.

 We enjoyed it a lot and there was no one in the hall that did not dance with us

The next day was even more busy. The whole house was a mess. Everyone was busy with the final preparations. Papa was soon to arrive and I was already dressed in my new orange lehenga. I so wanted them to get married quickly so I could live with both of them as soon as possible! How lucky am I to be able to witness the wedding of my Ishima and Papa! I am so excited and I rush into Ishima's room to watch her get ready.

Ishima looks... I cannot even describe how beautiful she looks right now. She is wearing a ravishing red lehenga and she sees me and starts smiling. She takes me into her arms and I see her eyes brim with tears and I tell her, "Ishima, it is such a happy day why are you crying now? Please don't."

"These are tears of happiness my dear", she tells me, "as long as you are in my life Ruhi, I will never have to cry my Angel. You're my biggest blessing and thank you my love. It is only because of you that your Ishima is getting married today. I would never have witnessed these precious moments if it wasn't for you. Thank you for coming in my life and bringing your Raman Papa in this as well."

I wipe the tears off her face and tell her, "No Ishima. Thank you for bringing this happiness in my life. I am very happy Ishima. I will have a complete family now. Thank you. I love you."

She hugs me tightly and I tell her, "by the way Ishima, I am sure Papa will faint if he sees you dressed like this. You look really beautiful. I am sure he wouldn't be able to stop staring at you." We both start laughing and we hear a knock on the door. It was Mihika Chiti, she peeks in and tells us, "Akka, Raman Jiju is here, he wants to talk to you."