Part 31: Raman

"Hello guys, I am so so sorry. I know I'm posting after so long but it's only because I was working in a part time job and I recently stopped. I hope things are a little better around and that you're all doing well and are safe. Plz read, enjoy and tell me how you find it. Thank-you. Love you all."
-Vibha

I am shaking as I enter her room. I am not even sure what am I going to tell her right now, I only needed to see her. Will I even be able to look at her when...?

Ruhi rushes into my arms as soon as she sees me coming in. "Oh papa, you look so handsome. This sherwani matches with that of Ishima. By the way, are you ready to see Ishima? Brace yourself papa, do not faint", she tells me before she starts giggling.

She asks me to close my eyes as she starts dragging me towards her. I start smiling already imagining how beautiful she must be looking in her bridal outfit, as my bride.

"You may open your eyes now", she tells me excitedly and when I do as told I...

I get dumbfounded. I start staring at her open-mouthed. I don't even know what I should be saying or doing next. She is looking even more beautiful than she was in my dreams and thoughts. Her outfit, the red chunari on her head and her jewelleries are only adding to her beauty. She is glowing and shining, like a goddess from out of this world. I keep staring at her as she keeps lowering her eyes and turning even more red.

"Raman", she snaps me out of my staring session, and asks "how do I look?"

I raise an eyebrow and tell her, "are you crazy Ishita?"

She gasps, "why, what happened, is something wrong?"

I then smile widely and tell her, "how do you expect me to praise the epitome of beauty? Would words ever suffice to tell a goddess how beautiful she looks right now?"

She turns scarlet and mumbles, "Raman..."

"Ishima, papa", Ruhi Interrupts us, "dadi is calling me downstairs

"Ishima, papa", Ruhi Interrupts us, "dadi is calling me downstairs. I'll have to leave you two alone. See you."

I wait for her to close the door and then I move closer to Ishita. I kneel down infront of her and take her hands in mine.

I wish I could capture this very moment forever in my mind.

"Ishita", I tell her, "I don't even know where to start. To be honest, I never thought I'd get married one day. But when you and Ruhi came into my life, I don't know what happened. It felt like we were meant to be a family. I felt this strong connection and there was like a relationship between us already. I know we've been through a lot. We know why and for whom we are getting married today."

I pause to wipe the tears from her face and I continue, "today, before we culminate our wedding, I want to tell you Ishita, I will never leave any dearth in loving you and Ruhi. Ruhi will always be my first love and my first child. I will never abandon you two as long as I live."

I sense her tighten her grasp around my hands as she sees tears start streaming down my face.

"Ishita, there will be ups and downs, there will be mistakes, clashes of opinions, but I'll always try to be understanding. I don't expect a lot from others Ish, but all I expect is for you and Ruhi to be forever in my life. I'd readily give my life, my heart and all of my love to you two. I know we have set boundaries in our relationship, and I will always respect it. I promise you", I tell her before lowering my head.

"Raman", she adds, "Ruhi chose you as her father, chose you to be part of our family. She is my everything and if you mean the world to her, you mean a lot to me as well. I will always love the father of my daughter with all I have. Raman, I know I have a lot of love in me, but I forgot how to show it. You'll have to forgive me if I take some time. You're extremely special to me Raman. I will always respect you, stand by you and support you. I promise you."

We look at each other for some time and for the first time ever, we embrace. That short while felt surreal, out of this world. I wish time could have paused there.
.
The wedding ceremony was packed with emotions. Her parents were crying on one side, my mother was bawling out on the other. Both of us cried when Ruhi tied our gathbandhan and as we took the 7 rounds around the fire. These moments felt like a dream. Who would have thought that I'd be applying sindoor to the forehead and tie a mangalsutra on the neck of someone who was a complete stranger some time back? Would we even have met if it wasn't for Ruhi? How destined was it for two strangers to have bonded in such untimely circumstances because of this one child, our child, our precious Ruhi?

 Who would have thought that I'd be applying sindoor to the forehead and tie a mangalsutra on the neck of someone who was a complete stranger some time back? Would we even have met if it wasn't for Ruhi? How destined was it for two strangers to ha...

We were showered with flowers and blessings at the end of the ceremony. Ishita cried when she hugged her parents and bid them farewell. When we were about to leave, Mihika and Simmi started teasing us, "where are you planning to go for your honeymoon now?" Ishita and I simply looked at each other and started smiling.