Part 34: ISHITA

"Hey guys, finally writing today. I didn't plan to write today. But I happened to meet my muse today, someone extremely special for me. So I wrote the part from a very personal and emotional space today. I hope you feel it and enjoy it. And as always, I hope everyone is happy, healthy and safe. Take care, rab rakha."-Vibha

He is asking me whether I am jealous! Is he serious? Obviously I am! I am still angry at him, still I am able to hear how my heart is pounding in my chest as he moves closer towards me in the car. I want to pull myself back, but everything in my body wishes otherwise. Today, I want him to come closer to me, to feel his breaths linger with mine and to let his skin brush with mine. I try hard to control myself from telling him how much I want him right now, how I feel and how I felt when I saw them touching him like that.

I realize we're getting even closer now. I try to imagine how this is going to end. I want to let myself go with the flow and experience these feelings for the first time with him. I close my eyes when I feel him placing his soft hands on my cheeks. Strange sensations start erupting in my belly. Please Raman, I want to tell him, please, I am so ready today. Please. I keep my eyes closed and await his touch. But, after sometime, I find him pulling himself back. I hesitantly open my eyes and when I do so, I see him staring at me. "Let's go home, people have started coming here", he tells me and he drives us back home. We speak nothing throughout the journey while 'pehli pehli baar mohabbat ki hein' and 'tumse milke aisa laga' songs play in the car stereo.

As I change in the bathroom, my mind floods with thoughts. Am I ready to give myself another chance? Is he ready? What would have happened if he didn't stop himself in the car? Why did he stop himself?

When I enter the room, I find him changed and ready to go downstairs with his book. I call out his name just before he grabs the doorknob.
"Can you please stay for awhile? I wanted to speak to you."

"Sure. Tell me."

"Yes Raman. Actually today...in school...that..."

"Today in school what?", he asks me with a smile on his face as he starts walking towards me. I find him approaching me and I start pacing backwards. The next moment I find him placing his hands on my shoulder and gently pinning me to the wall. He presses both of my hands on the wall and raises an eyebrow as he awaits an answer from me.

"Raman", I managed to say after some time, "you were asking me whether I was jealous. Obviously I was Raman! Why do they have to get this close to you? I know you're very handsome and charming, but that doesn't mean they're allowed to behave like that with you. I am your wife, only I can touch you like that. This feeling I have when you are close to me, when you touch me with your fingers, or when you simply look or stare at me, I want to keep all this only for myself. Place your hands on my heart, just do it."

I take his hand and place it on my heart.

"Do you hear it? Whenever you're this close to me, it starts pounding so strongly that I sometimes feel that it is going to burst. I don't even know why I feel like this for a few days. I don't know if you even feel something Raman. I don't know, but all I know is that I never allowed anyone to get this close to me, but when it comes to you, I get automatically pulled towards you. I can't even explain it to you. You make me feel so special, your presence soothes my heart and your love embellishes me." I find him smiling at me.

"See, this very way that you smile at me. How do you expect me not to fall for this? You know, I get this very strange feeling, this feeling that I am the reason for your smile. Just the way you are always here for Ruhi, I always want to always be here for you. I am speaking too much isn't it?"

He looks at me with a sad face and whispers 'no, not at all."

"Raman, I want you to always love me. I can't bear to see any other woman touch you or get too close to you. I want your love to be only for me. I don't know how you want to call it, jealousy or what, but I swear I will slap them if I ever see them touch you again."

He starts laughing but then he says," oh Ishita. I understand what you mean. You'll laugh if I tell you that I've been feeling like this ever since I saw you for the first time in school, in that saree. But you have to trust me, no matter how many women ever touch me, I'll always belong to you, only you. I can't bear to think about anyone except for you. You're my love, my lifeline. I promise you."

"Still, I'm sure you wouldn't have appreciated it as well if any of my male colleagues or friends touched me", I tell him with a wink.

His expression changes to a slightly stern one as he says, "no, I wouldn't have liked anyone else touching you anywhere apart from me."

"Raman, I also want you to touch me. I am yours, fully yours. I'm willing to give myself a new chance. You gave me and Ruhi so much, I just want to give both of us a chance. But why do you have to hold yourself back? Let's give each other another chance please. I know it won't be easy, but at least we can try."

"I thought you weren't ready Ishita. I didn't want to force you in any way", he tells me with a lowered head.

"I am Raman'', I tell him before I close my eyes again. I feel him getting closer to me. I can feel his breaths lingering near my mouth. My lips slightly parted as if they've been waiting for him for so long. He places his hands on my face and...

"Raman puttar, Ishita", we hear Mummy ji calling from downstairs, "it's almost time to pick Ruhi up from the tuitions. You should be leaving now."

We both exhale in desperation before we look at each other and start laughing. I feel slightly embarrassed but I am also happy that we were able to open our hearts to each other today.

"I'll go", he tells me and I smile at him. I stare at him as he turns around to leave. I shake my head and think only if Mummy ji could have called us one minute later. I am still lost in my thoughts when I feel him suddenly pushing me back on the wall. Without giving me even one second to gather myself, I feel his lips on mine. My eyes automatically close to savor this precious moment and my mouth and tongue gladly collaborate with him. The hands of both of us fondled each other's cheeks, trying to explore the other as much as we could.

After some time, he broke the kiss, panting

After some time, he broke the kiss, panting. I couldn't bear to open my eyes yet. I needed some time to catch my breaths, still trying to grasp the intensity and passion I've just been through. When I open my eyes after some time, I find him standing at the door, waiting for me to open my eyes so he could capture my first expressions. He winks at me and says, "Ruhi can definitely wait for some time while her Ishima and Papa romance", before he rushes downstairs.

As soon as he goes, I sit on the bed and think, 'oh my. That was amazing!'