Part 32: ISHITA

"It's a late update, I know. But it's here finally, and I love it. I hope you do as well. Please enjoy, leave your comments. And I hope everyone is doing well and is healthy. Take care. Rab Rakha."

I still feel like all this is a dream. I cannot believe it is actually me who is titling a rice-laden kalash and walking inside Raman's house by leaving my red footprints on the floor. I see Ruhi excitedly jump as she walks next to me. I know Ruhi is the one who is most excited with our wedding. I see pure happiness reflecting in those innocent eyes of hers. 

She is really tired by the end of all the functions tonight. She falls asleep as soon as Simmi takes her into her arms and tucks her in her room. Meanwhile, Raman and I are being pushed into our nuptial night decorated room by our 'more excited than us' cousins. They keep on teasing us even after Raman locks the door behind them. We wait for them to leave before we both go to sit on the bed.

"Raman", I tell him after a long time, "I feel really tired, I'll go and take a quick bath, you also change till then." I open my suitcase and take a night dress and rush in the bathroom. My back aches so much by having to wear these heavy jewelleries and the saree all day long. I manage to take off all the jewelleries, but I find it difficult to undo a knot at the back of the blouse.  I try hard twice but I find it too tight. I hesitate before thinking about asking Raman to help me untangle it. I am only wearing my choli and my petticoat. What should I do?

After some time, I open the door and manage to peek in. He has already changed in his pyjamas. I hesitantly call out his name.

He turns around and is surprised at first before he starts laughing at me. "I thought you'd be done by now. I didn't know you took so long to take a bath", he says.

I jokingly roll my eyes at him. "Listen", I tell him, "I need your help with something. Please come in."

He raises an eyebrow and widens his mouth. "You already want me? And in the bathroom and all? So exciting! I didn't know you were this quick. You should have told me, I wouldn't have changed!", he winks at me and smirks.

I laugh and throw a towel at him. "Shut up you rascal. Come in nah, I'm so tired." I laugh when I see him leap towards me like an excited little child. I let him come inside and close the door. 

In the mirror in front of me, I don't miss to notice how his expressions change when he sees what I am in. I can feel the goosebumps rising on my belly as I feel the intensity with which he was staring at me. We stand there in complete silence. I snap out when I realize I have been unconsciously biting my lower lips all this while.

"Raman", I whisper and he snaps out. "There is a knot in the choli, could you please help me with it? I have been trying, but it's really tight." 

He nervously smiles and takes the two strings in his hands. I can feel him trying hard not to let his fingers touch my skin. But, as soon as I feel his soft fingers brush against my cold back, my body stiffens. I close my eyes immediately and I know he sensed me do it because the touch of his fingers on my back only seemed to increase. 

"Ishita", he manages to say after some time, "the knot is very tight Ishita. I'm afraid I'll have to use my teeth." 

I have to take a deep breath before I nod

I have to take a deep breath before I nod. We both could sense the rising tension. It is our first few moments of physical intimacy as husband and wife. As soon as I can feel his warm breaths spreading on my back, I feel the need to clench the washbasin in front of me. I am sure he can feel the goosebumps on my skin as he tugs on the strings with his teeth. After some time, I feel my waist tighten as I feel him place his hands on my waist for some moments as he manages to undo the knot. He even opens the remaining knots on the choli, taking extra precautions that nothing falls off. I cannot face him as I thank him for his passionate help and close the door as leaves. 

I let out a heavy sigh as soon as I lock the door. What just happened? 

When I come out of the bathroom, I see him already tucked in and sleeping on the sofa. There is a strand of moonlight reflecting on his face from the window which makes him look more handsome and entrancing. I turn around to see that he already made the bed for me. He has gently moved all the rose petals to one side so I can comfortably sleep on the next. 

Must Raman have been expecting something when he must have seen our bedroom decorated like this? Am I being selfish? He has done all this for me, for Ruhi, for us, so selflessly, without asking anything in return from me. But what about his wants, wishes and desires? Am I disregarding him? Are there no wishes of his that I should be fulfilling? Why does he always seem to forget himself when he is with us? 

But now, I am his wife, his companion and his friend. I'll do my best to fulfil his wishes and desires the same way he has been always fulfilling ours. Even if I haven't told him that I love him yet, I will leave no dearth in showing him that I do. Tomorrow, I will ask him about his feelings for me, about his expectations and his desires. I'll do everything for him. I will definitely have to ask him tomorrow, I think as I drift off to sleep.