Chapter 11:

"Where the hell were you? We've got people to talk to secretly!" Jed nearly shouted.

"Keep shouting, that's super secretive," I replied with sarcastically.

Jed rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I was talking to Maximus. He said he's not going with us," I replied as I walked passed him.

Jed didn't say anything after that, so I walked to the Conquerors. All the eyes remained on me, leaving me in the awkwardness of their stares.

I approached the group, weaving my way to the center. I could feel the curiosity pouring out of their minds. Some of them glared at me, others stared, and some wouldn't look away. And some, like Jed, followed me to the middle.

I cleared my throat before speaking, "Conquerors. I want you all to know that we might have found a way out."

I heard gasps and whispers from all directions. "Will found a Split in the Tower. The only exception is that it is only open at night, when the Mutators are out."

I waited a moment, letting it sink in. I spotted Max in the distance, watching. Everyone else watched and waited, processing the thought of escape.

"We need to take a vote. Who wants to go, and who wants to stay. I will however mention that I don't expect everyone to go-"

"Damn right," said an angry voice.

It was Katelyn, and Will was standing behind her. I watched her make her way to the center along with Will.

"I tried," Will said with a sigh.

"You think that you can hide this from me newbie?! You Tromper," Katelyn said as she shoved me.

I shoved her back as I said, "Hey, I'm just trying to get these people out of here instead of making them prisoners inside Survival!"

In a second, Katelyn pulled out her knife, slicing my upper arm before I had the chance to react, "Watch yourself. Remember who the real leaders are."

She began walking away. I felt fury boil inside me as everyone stood shocked. My arm dripped blood onto the green grass as I watched her.

In an instant, I grabbed Katelyn from behind and pulled her to the ground. I put my knees on her shoulders, laying a punch to her left eye. Katelyn held her knife, trying to cut my back.

She kneed my back, sending me forward. Then, Katelyn pulled my own moves on me. She placed her knees on my shoulders and put a knife to my throat.

"You know. I've hated you ever since you showed up," Katelyn spat in my face.

"Yeah, yeah. I love you too," I replied sarcastically.

"We don't need you."

"Tell that to those how actually want out of here," I replied angrily.

I built up might and spit in Katelyn's face. She turned a furious shade of red.

"You son of a-" before Katelyn could finish, Max pulled her off me.

She kicked her feet, landing a kick to my nose; my nose began to stream blood.

Will and Jed held Katelyn back as Max helped me stand.

I spit blood out of my mouth as I spoke loudly, "Those who want to go need to rest up.

We leave tonight."

"You can't listen to her! She setting you up for death!" shouted Katelyn in return.

She tried to escape Will's and Jed's grip but couldn't manage, they were too strong.