Chapter 18:

I was quickly put under, falling into a sleep like state. It was an odd sensation. It felt as though my mind was an empty library being filled with encyclopidias. Sudden urges of my past pressed against my skull. I had small bursts of images.

Then it started.

Jordyn Miriam Lovell.

I'm 18 years old.

I was born December 21, 2140.

I am fourteen in my memories.

I have an older brother, Nathanal Joseph Lovell. I have no parents, never did. Well, at least they were never around long enough for me to know who they were.

"Jordyn? Are you almost ready? We've been waiting for ages out here!" shouted a male from the other side of a door.

I was in a room. There was a bed, bureau, and a mirror. The walls were white and the ceilling was blue.

It was my bedroom.

I stood in front of the mirror, staring at my reflection.

I was in the process of putting on an indigo dress. The dress was long, ending at my ankles and at my wrists. The sleeves were not normal however, they were laced; they matched the last inch of the bottom of the dress. I sat on my bed, grabbing a pair of copper colored heels.

I then walked-almost losing my balance- to my head board; a thin copper necklace was hung from the top of the head board.

I picked it up, placing in
around my neck. The necklace was plain, it was just copper and hung no charms or anything.

I walked back to the mirror, taking one final look.

I looked overly safisticated for a fourteen year old. My long, red hair had bangs framing my face and curling at the ends; my hair was hanging passed my elbows. I was wearing makeup as well, not a lot, but enough to enhance my appearence.

I breathed out of my nose as I walked to the door, opening it to see three peoples waiting outside the door. Two seemed to be an older couple in a tux and dress. The other...

Maximus.

I jumped in my chair accidentally. I quickly questioned myself, not believing in the idea that Max was a part of my past life.

I heard Max jump to my right as well, squeezing my hand and sending pain through it.

"Society is making you a woman. And it's weird that it's normal," said the older guy.

The realization hit as another memory. The world in the years I had lived had grown chaotic. As did I. Turning rebellious against the government; hiding in the woods from the authority. Why? I wondered to myself.

"Oh screw you Nathan," I replied with a scowl.

I felt my body jerk again.

You're in my memory too? I asked Nathan mentally and anxiously.

Older brother actually. Double trouble you and I were, he replied.

"Well come on! The police will be here soon and we have no time to waste!" shouted Max with a smile.

Max wore a suit that matched Nathan's. The female with Nathan wore a dress that matched mine. It was easy to assume that she was Nathan's girlfriend.

We walked out of the small house. There was a forest around us, giant and never ending. The trees reached to the sky, blocking most of the sun's rays from touching the forest floor. The familiar forest smell grew stronger in my nose.