Kidlock!

Kidlock with young Sherlock! Because kidlock is too cute!

Your Aunt Marve told you to go make friends. To interact with the other kids. She even went into full detail why it was important to have friends at your age and how it'd would help you with the absence of your parents that are on a expedition and won't be back until fall. The only problem was that kids your age were immature and boring. No one else read or played chess. So instead of playing with kids your own age, you climbed a tree and curled up with a book.

The tree provided a great view of London. You didn't want a view of London, you wanted a view of Florida, where you're from. You wanted to feel the sun and smell the oranges, but instead you felt rain and smelt smoggy smoke. The tree also provided you with a great hiding spot from your Aunt and other kids. This way no one could find you and you could read in peace. You thought you could at least, until you felt a presence besides your own and looked up to see a curly haired boy with bright blue eyes that put your (e/c) ones to shame. "What are you doing in my tree?" the boy asked.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize that it belonged to anyone. I'll go." You turn to get out of the tree, but you feel a small hand on your arm, making you stop.

"Please stay. My mother told me to make friends and I can't. Hopefully you can be my friend." His eyes are questioning and you pull your (h/c) into a braid.

"Funny, my aunt told me to do the same thing. I just might." So you sit again, this time you lean up against one of the rough branches. "My name is (y/n), what's yours?"

He plays with one of his curls before answering. "My name is Sherlock and I'm nine years old." He twirls his fingers in a circular motion while he waits for you to say something.

"I am also nine, but I don't like hanging out with nine year olds because they are boring and silly." The tiny boy smiles. He was smaller than you by a great lot. You towered over him probably.

"Finally, someone who agrees with me." You grin at that.

You two start to talk about everything from siblings, you found out he has an older brother named Mycroft, to pets, he has a dog named Redbeard. When it's time for you to go you give him a hug, "When do you come to the park?" you ask him.

He shrugs his shoulders, "About every Wednesday." You smile with a nod and head back down.

Before you even get close to the bottom you have one more thing to tell him. You poke your head through the trees to look at him. He still hadn't moved. "Sherlock, I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship."

This may be a part one if I decide to continue it. Thanks for reading!