Research

The silent apartment is all you can concentrate on. It distracts you from the fact that Sherlock isn't back yet. Or possibly that he is chasing a murderous criminal, and he said that he would be back by now.

If only he had let you come with him, but no, the criminal would capture you or some BS like that. Sometimes you zone out when he talks. So you say, watching and waiting.

It's about midnight when you hear the fast footsteps. It sounds like he's taking the stairs two at a time. Must've went well. He bursts into the den. The smell comes with him. "Sherlock Holmes, why are you covered in garbage?"

"You wouldn't understand." Why is that always his excuse?

Instead of arguing with him you roll your eyes. He steps on to the table and then lays in the couch.

"Well, at least change. You smell like a pig sty." He doesn't even bother to look at you. "Why are you home so late?"

"Why do you care?" That makes you stop. You care. You care so much. You've liked the bastard for sometime now, and you'd hate to see him hurt or worse, dead.

"Because I do, now tell me."

"You sound flustered. Maybe there's feelings behind that caring. Hmm?" Your face turns bright red. Neither of you say anything.

"I asked you a question first."

"And I asked you second." He can make anyone want to strangle him, can't he? "You care about me, don't you. You have feelings for me."

You stand up and gather your things. "I do, but I don't have to sit here and take this."

"Where are you going?"

"Out." You start towards the door.

He chuckles. "Just because I teased you a bit?"

"I'm sorry that not all of us are machines, Sherlock. When you mess with my feelings, I'm going to be mad. What you just did wasn't cool or cute or funny. It was rude. I know you don't have much experience with people, but common courtesy, man." He walks over to you, yet your already halfway down the steps, and you don't feel like returning.

-------

One month since you confessed your feelings for Sherlock. One month since you've been in the world of crime. It drove you up the wall at first. There was nothing to do, nothing to distract you. Now, you work in the hospital. You see him every once in awhile, but you've made it clear that there is no way that you're talking to him.

It is a normal day. "(y/n), run these down to Ben." A stack of files are shoved at you. You take them and start down the steps. Need to find Ben.

When you get to the basement, you call out for Ben. "Ben! I have those files." A clatter comes from the right. "Ben?" Running footsteps. You drop everything and run after the footsteps. This twat isn't getting away with any files today. You run until you see a black clad figure.

A mix of a yell and curses comes out of your mouth. We can call it your battle cry to save you from embarrassment. You sprint toward the person and then tackle them. "What the hell?" That deep voice penetrates your memory.

"Sherlock?"

"(Y/n)?"

"What are you doing back in here?" Your sitting on his stomach.

"I'll tell you after you let me up." He tries to wiggle out from between your legs, but you tighten the grip.

"No, tell me what you're doing back here." You cross your arms.

"Research." He tries to punch you off once more.

"Did someone say that you could be back here. I think not considering that it's hospital personal only. And you seemed pretty scared when you realized that you weren't alone." He finally gives up and lays his head on the ground.

"If I apologize, will you get up?" You shake your head. It would be a great time to pretend to talk into a walker-talkie.

"I will get up on one condition."

"That is?"

"You apologize for those mean things that you said to me." Looking at him now, you don't know why you'd ever ignore him for that long.

"I'm sorry that I didn't understand your feelings. I'm not a feelings type."

"We all know that, Sherlock." I smile at him. Surprisingly, he smiles back. You hop off of him. "Now, run. Somebody will be coming soon." He grins and runs. He stops at the door to look at you, and he waves. You wave back, and go to pick up the files. What a catch.

~~~

Yeah, so this is my last oneshot in this book. I'll make more, just under a different account. Stayed tuned for the next series. For now, bye.

Thank you for reading. I always will appreciate that.

-Kendi