Leaving

An Eleven one shot

The snow flurries down outside your window in the winter breeze. You put your head against your apartment window to feel the cold against your flushed skin. You can see the small children play in the freezing powder that covered the street. You can see a snowman with a blue scarf on the pavement and the kids are now having a snowball fight. You long to go and play with them, but as your mother always says, "(y/n), you are twenty. Act like it!" You don't want to act like it. You want to build snowmen and climb trees and play pranks on your siblings, you never want to grow up.

Outside your window, you see a man who is older than you building a snowman. He wears a dark purple coat and that's all you can see from the distance that you're at. You resolve to go up to him. Putting on your house slippers and a warm coat, you forget about your pajamas. He just compelled you so much you didn't care.

You run downstairs. You slip and slide on the wooden steps since the bottom of your shoes are slippery. You hit the bottom and fast walk to the door. Once you open the door, the cold air slaps your face and blows your hair. You suddenly think of the fact that you are in pajamas and not the proper clothing. It was too late to go inside and change. The man could've already been gone.

You look to right to see a single child sitting in the snow. To your left you go, you see the man behind a bush, happily building his snowman. Now that you are closer you can see his bow tie and the way his hair flops over his forehead. You slowly approach him. You have never been good at this, talking to people. There is always the time to face your fears, and that meant you. He didn't look threatening. He looked nice and welcoming.

You hold your breath and slowly approach him. Before you can even say a word, he speaks up. "Hi, are you the girl who was watching my from that window?" He points up to the window he was referring to, your window. You start to blush profusely. Again, before you can explain yourself, he talks again. "I know it was you, don't worry, I'm not mad. Why though?"

"You seemed interesting," is all that you can squeak out. He glances your way and chuckles.

"You will not believe how many times I hear that. Why were you sitting in the window at the first place?"

"Looking for an adventure." You say that and he looks at you, really looks at you. It feels as if he was reaching into your soul with that glare. Then, out of all things, he cracks a smile.

"An adventure? What kind?" He puts both of his hands on your shoulders and bends over a bit to look you in the eye.

"An exciting one." He laughs and replaces his hands to his side.

"Well then, go get dressed! Go get dressed for an exciting adventure! I can give you that, I'll be waiting here." The news shocks you. He can provide you with an adventure? He gives you a tiny push toward your apartment building. "Go." With that word you start running towards the building. You can feel snow enter your slippers but it doesn't matter. You bust through the door and run up the stairs. You run into that child that was sitting in the snow. He spins and falls. You want to stop and help, but you are going too fast. You get to the tiny apartment where you live. You jump the couch and run into your bedroom. Thoughts are racing through your mind, they are all good.

You throw on a shirt, pants, a coat, and boots. You start to run out the door when you remember your phone. You dial up your mom's number real quick. "Mom?"

"God, (y/n), I'm shopping. What to you need?" Her tone was harsh and snappy. She was all that was wrong with your life.

"I met a man. I don't even know his name or who he is, hell, he could be a murderer, but I'm leaving with him. He can provide me with the adventure I've always wanted. So, I called you up to basically say, forget you." You hear her start to protest. She is about to say something to mess this all up. You let her, but you don't hear it. You've already gone.

You do all the stairs again and head to the man. "You're still here," you say in disbelief.

"Of course, are you ready?" You nod. He reaches out to you and you take his hand. He leads to a blue box.

"What is this? It says 'police'. Are you a policeman?" He starts to unlock it with a key he pulled out of his jacket.

"No, this is my spaceship."

"A spaceships?" Your eyes get wide when he opens the doors and you both walk in. Everything is bigger. "Wow."
He does a goofy smile and goes up to the console.

"By the way, I'm the Doctor."

"(Y/f/n) (y/l/n). Nice to meet you." He throws a gear.

"So, all of time of space. Every star there ever was, where would you like to start?"

"Hmmm. A planet that isn't this one." He smiles and throws a different gear.

"Good place," and off you went. Not returning for a while.