15 || Lost My Temper

Episode: Heart Monitor

Officially, it's been one day since Stiles spoke to Scott McCall. He had become more than angry - Why? - because instead of helping out his dad, who could have been run over or maimed by the mountain lion, the shaggy-haired boy decided to protect Allison first. Even if I had spared Mr. Stilinski from being run over, his back bruised from the impact of stumbling against the car. He was told to stay home to rest.

"I'm so angry at him, Thai." Fumed the pale teenager, clenching his jaw and narrowing his eyes at the ground as we walked to class. "I'm never going to forgive him for this, alright?"

My eyes turned white, "I refuse to believe that."

"I'm not exaggerating!" He snapped.

"I never said -"

He huffed annoyedly as we entered the classroom. "I hate Scott-freaking-McCall. I'm not directing a single word to him at all."

A frown formed on my lips, "Okay, well, shouldn't you be angry at me too? It was my fault that his body was bruised."

His eyes softened. "Yeah, you almost cracked your skull in half..." His jaw clenched, and he shook his head, annoyed, as we entered the classroom. "Scott's been my best friend since we were kids, and he decided to prioritize Allison... He didn't even know my dad was hurt until I told him."

"Scott messed up." I sighed as we sat down in our seats. "But, Stiles, he's like your brother."

"Was."

I shook my head, looking at his expression "Could you at least smile? I'm not digging the whole angry look." Yet, he didn't smile. I pouted and reached over to poke his cheek, causing him to flinch and move, but my finger followed his face. "Come on, Sti." The corner of his lip wiggled as he attempted not to let his smile show - He was refusing. I rolled my eyes and poked his rib, making him jump. "Stiles."

"Hey!" He whined, chortling as I shined a smile. "Okay, now what?"

"Stay like that," I replied, causing him to chuckle, rolling his eyes, but it seemed like his happy expression could only last so long. His smile dropped as soon as Scott appeared at the door. A look of annoyance reproduced on his countenance. The shaggy-haired teenager sent me a tiny smile, which I returned, but once he caught sight of Stiles, he became crestfallen. God, I hate this.

Scott strolled over and sat behind Stiles, who was clenching his jaw. He hesitated slightly. "Still not talking to me?" Nothing was replied to him. The teenager turned to me with a hopeful look, pursing his lips, but upon seeing my frown, he deflated, "Okay, can you at least tell me if your dad's okay? It's just a bruise, right? Some soft tissue damage? Nothin' that big -" Stiles rolled his eyes, pressing his tongue against his cheek as if attempting to contain his anger inside.

"You know I feel really bad about it, right?" Scott tried, but it failed because the latter wasn't giving in. He sighed deeply. "Okay. What if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out?" Scott told not only him but me too. I looked at him, furrowing my eyebrows. "And... that I went to Derek for help?" My eyes widened in disbelief.

Stiles froze in his spot and turned to glance at me with disbelief. His lips pursed, and he let his pencil hit the desk roughly. "If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him... But obviously, I'm not talking to you." Scott sighed defeatedly, slumping down in his seat. My eyes squeezed, hiding the fact that I wanted to laugh.

There was an awkward moment of silence between the two friends. The school bell rang, calling my attention to the work that'd been assigned - It was written on the board. I glanced between them, Stiles looked like he was debating, and Scott looked like he was mourning, and decided it was best if I just stayed out of it. The buzzcut-haired teenager glanced at me, and we stared each other down as if we were waiting for something to happen. After a short time, he squeezed his eyes shut in disbelief and pursed his lips with annoyance as if knowing he would regret it. With a swift move, his body was facing Scott.