Chapter 21

Lysandre's POV

I can't believe that the champ gave up without a fight. She was born a fighter. Why is it now that she gives up? I mean, yeah, from what i heard from the fight, that boy used the wrong words but still, normally she would fight against what he said instead of just agreeing. I get this knot in my stomach, feeling bad for her. The one she loved the most just turned his back on him. I know how she feels. "Hey, um, Li'l B?" She turned her head toward me and i could see sadness and abandonment in her eyes. "Yeah?" "Did you fight against him?" "Who?" "That boy. Jalum or something." "Calem? Yeah. It was no use." She saw the strappy-down table and laid on it. "Whatever you do, do it quickly so i don't feel anything anymore." Now, she sounds hopeless. Like, the world gave up on her. Then i remembered. Calem was her world. I was able to tell when i first kidnapped her.

~Flashback~

I tried to get her to hurt that kid, Calem. But, he kept on telling her how much he loved her. "Li'l B? I know you can hear me! I miss the Li'l B that was nice and caring. The one i fell in love with!!" And with that, my super-suit didn't work.

~End of Flashback~

"Get off the table. I'm going to get your mom." I walked away, guilt settling in.