Chapter 23

Prof. Sycamore's POV

We searched around in the rubble of what was left. No sign of Li'l B. "Hey!! I think i found Li'l B!!" Tierno shouted. But, we were greeted by someone with flaming red hair. "Lysandre. What the heck happened?!?!" Calem asked demandingly. "Where's my sister?!" Travis asked, tears rolling down his cheeks. Lysandre coughed violently. "I don't know where she is *cough cough cough* and i don't know what happened. The equipment *cough cough cough cough* was working fine before..." Travis slapped him. "You killed her!!!" He punched him. "You killed my baby sister!!!!!" "Travis!! Calm down!" I shouted at him. "No!! He killed my baby sister!!! He killed your soon-to-be daughter!!!" I looked at Lysandre and looked back at him. "We have no proof that she's dead! We can still search-." "With the power of that explosion, she'd might as well be." "No!!! Not my baby!!" Lucille fell to the ground with her son, and started crying. I fell down next to them as did everyone else, except for Calem. "Why? Why did we do this? Why did we fight? Why did i make her go? She shouldn't have died. It's all my fault." Calem started crying and fell down with the rest of us.
The police came and started to clear things up. "We'll have a memorial service for our champion tomorrow." Officer Jenny said as she put Lysandre in the back of her car. I looked at Lysandre and he gave me a look of sympathy. "I'm sorry." I glared at him. "You've caused so much pain to us all. I'll never forgive you." He looked down with guilt, hopefully, and started talking again. "I know you have every right to be mean to me but-." "Save your breath. What's done is done. And the only thing you can do about it is, spend your time in jail." Officer Jenner shut the door and we all looked around at the debris. Why did she have to leave us at such a young age?