I'm Sorry For A Lot Of Things

A knock at your door snapped you out of your sleep, sitting up alarmingly to rub your tired eyes. You never tended to nap, but this particular day had been especially exhausting--having spent most of it with your mother going over wedding plans and absorbing her many emotional punches. It was truly your worst nightmare. 

The knock came again, rapping at the wooden surface with increasing intensity. You groaned, pulling the silky sheets off your body and sliding onto the ground, your bare feet chilled against the floor.  

The knock came again, growing more and more demanding as you reached for the handle, lazily attempting to fix your appearance before yanking open the door, Kylo meeting your sleep-blurred gaze. You were surprised to see him as he smirked down at you, his hands in his pockets and his hair hanging messily around his face. 

"Hi," You said, feeling slightly embarrassed at how you looked, clothed in a nearly see-through white nightgown and nothing else. 

"Hi." He replied, sighing as his shoulders relaxed. A few moments passed in dead silence as you waited for him to say something, but he just stood there, staring at you as if you were supposed to know exactly why he was there. You furrowed your brows, leaning against the doorframe. 

"Sorry, why are you here exactly?" You laughed, "I mean, I'm happy to see you but--"

"Oh," He shook his head, chucking, "yeah, sorry. I came--" He paused, chewing on his bottom lip as he glanced towards the ground. "I came to say that I'm sorry."

Your immediate reaction was to laugh. But when he looked back up at you with a completely serious expression, you quickly stopped, your eyes widening. 

"You're--" You stuttered, "I'm sorry, what?"

"I'm sorry." He repeated, his tone sincere, "For a lot of things." You just stared at him, your mouth hanging open in disbelief. He was actually apologizing? "And I should have said something sooner, I know that." He continued, shaking his head, "But I was still mad at you for--you know, and I let my pride get in the way." You nodded slowly, trying to savor each word. "I shouldn't have done what I did at the broadcast. You were already nervous and I know that I only made it worse. And I embarrassed you in front of so many people, which wasn't fair. I was hurt so I acted selfishly and I didn't consider your feelings, and for that, I'm sorry." You blinked at him, still in disbelief but smiling slowly at his words. You hadn't expected this at all, and your heart fluttered with joy. 

"I--" You stuttered again, shaking your head, "Thank you for saying that."

"Wait," He stopped you, "There's more."

"Oh okay," You laughed, crossing your arms over your chest. 

"I'm also sorry that I was so mad at you for the--uh, the other guy. I should have realized that you had a life before I met you. You had other connections. It wasn't fair of me to get that upset."

"No," You reached your hand forward, resting it against his arm. His muscle tensed under your touch. "You had a right to be mad about that. I shouldn't have done it."

"But you had every right to," He mumbled, "I mean...we never said what we were anyway. You didn't have to be loyal to me." You paused, biting your lip. 

"What about now though?" You breathed, meeting his eyes, "What are we exactly?" Kylo shifted his weight, swallowing as a strand of hair blew over his eyes from the open windows lining the hallway. 

"Now...You're mine." He said, leaning towards you, "And I'm yours." You heart glowed, and you smiled widely towards him, joy seeping through your bloodstream.