I Want To Try

You woke up suddenly, not knowing exactly what was wrong but knowing that something was off. You felt strange, like something had happened and you didn't know what. You sat up on the bed, pushing the sheets off your chest and scooting back against the pillows and headboard.

Rubbing your eyes, you scanned the room. Nothing looked out of place. It was just another night. But you still had that strange feeling, your nerves on edge as you yawned. It had been about two weeks since you'd last seen Kylo, and his face had even started to seep into your dreams. 

You couldn't forget about him. He was always right there in the front of your mind, mocking you. And even in your dreams, you could never get to him. He was always just out of your grasp, and you'd woken up sobbing more times than you could count. But tonight was different. You hadn't had a dream, which was strange. Or at least not one you remembered. 

You sighed, shaking your head and convincing yourself that you were crazy. Nothing was wrong. You leaned back, placing your hand on your growing belly and settling into the mattress. But as soon as you did, a stabbing pain suddenly shot through your abdomen, and you sat back up frantically, gripping your side. And when you looked back down at your lap, that's when you saw it. 

Blood. Blood on your nightgown. Blood on your hands. Blood on your sheets. Blood everywhere. Your mind went blank. Your ears began to ring. Instantly, you knew what this meant. 

You started to scream. The sound pierced through the room in a deafening pitch, echoing through the hallway and the gardens outside. It was all you could hear--all you could do as you sat, bleeding out helplessly on the mattress. And all you could see was red. Red clouding your vision as it seeped up through the fabric of your nightgown. 

In a flash, you heard your door slam open, and two guards charged inside frantically, guns drawn and cocked to attack any threat. But all they saw when they busted in was you, frozen as you stared down at the pool of blood between your legs. Your screams had stopped, and now all you could do was sob. More hysterically than you ever had before, your body shaking and shivering as the cries racked through you. 

The guards rushed to your bedside, looking helplessly between one another before they leaned towards you, trying to ask you what was going on. But you could barely even hear them--much less make out what they were saying. So you just started repeating "help me" over and over again, the pain too much to bear as you sobbed.

The guards scooped their arms underneath you, picking you up from the bed and rushing you out into the hallway. You could hear them yelling to each other as they carried you down the stairwell and out into the gardens, pausing and setting you down on a bench. One guard held you up as the other rushed away, coming back with a walkie talkie. He yelled into it frantically, his eyes wide as he stared down at the blood stain all over you. 

You couldn't bare to look at it, nausea washing over you every time you peeked. So you just kept cradling your stomach, hoping and praying that everything would be okay. 

The guards scooped you back up, rushing you out of the gardens and towards the courtyard, a black limousine waiting for you at the front steps. They hurried you inside, buckling you in as you closed your eyes, trying to breathe deeply and stay calm. 

Don't stress, you kept repeating to yourself. Everything's going to be okay.

You hoped that if you said it enough times, you might believe that it was true. The car sped forward out of the courtyard and through the gate, rolling out into the city. You could hear the driver talking to someone through a walkie talkie, your name being mentioned as he glanced nervously over his shoulder. 

"We're almost there, your majesty." He reassured you, "Don't worry."

Don't worry. You added that to your list of things to keep repeating.