chapter 23

Authors note: sorry for all the errors in my story. I do my story on my phone and it has auto correct and is harder for me to find my mistakes. so sorry guys. :/ Okay now I'm doing Cato's pov. next chapter and cloves after that because I already started this one. Oh and also I know last chapter was small but I was very busy the last two days so it was either that or nothing so I chose that. ;)))) so anyway thanks for all the votes and comments guys I couldn't do this with out you. :))

Enjoy. :)))

I felt Cato look at me when Marvel had asked me why I left.

"I was splashing cold water on my face because the sun was...burning my skin...yeah.... burning skin." I lied horribly. Cato narrowed his eyes but said nothing. He knew I was lying. Marvel on the other hand bought the lie.

"Oh, well did they hurt you?" he asks.

"No!" I say. Then as I was looking at both of them, I realized Clove and Glimmer were missing.

"Where is Clove and Glimmer?" I ask. Marvel looks down and Cato's arms squeeze tightly around me.

"Glimmer is getting wood for a fire and Clove is on a murder rampage looking for you." Marvel says still looking at the ground. Cato releases one of his arms from around me and hits Marvel on the arm. I went ridged. She was someone you didn't want coming after you. But why was she coming after me? She was friends with Cato and she was apart of the careers so why?

"What happened will I was go- " I was interrupted by the sound of a cannon. There was only 8 tributes left. Who died?

"Glimmer!" Marvel shouted.

"Marvel are you crazy!" I whisper. He could get us killed yelling like that.

"What if Glimmer died? What if Clove killed her? if Clove did...." I had never seen him so angry before.  

"Don't worry... Glimmer is fine Marvel. She is probably where camp is so let's head there now." Cato says. Marvel whips around and walks off towards the camp I guess. Cato grabs my hand and we follow Marvel.

"Why did you really leave?" Cato asks. I knew this was coming sooner it later... I was hoping for later.

"Well..." I sigh not wanting to tell him. I felt stupid.

"You looked like you...enjoyed.... killing that girl and little boy. It made me feel like you were lying to me. I lost trust in you at that point and I needed to get away from you before you ended up killing me as well....and I'm still not sure if you really love me or if it's all just an act for the big ending. A way to end it with a bang.... I can see it now.... District 2 boy tribute, Cato, tricks girl on fire, making her believe that he loved her only to kill her in the end." I say hotly. Cato's eyes get big in surprised and then narrow.