𝐟 𝐨 𝐫 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐨 𝐧 𝐞

Disclaimer: This is an unedited first draft so there will be technical mistakes.

"Miss, we'll need you to go over with us what happened tonight," one of the detectives sitting in front of me asked.

"I'm detective Capella and this is detective Del Valle," the other detective said as she took out his notepad, "let's start from the beginning from when you entered the auction room."

Felon is Nicandro's father's twin brother.

The king's son. Royal blood.

He knew all along who felon was. He abandoned his son because he has one arm. My parent's death was just collateral damage to a part of felon's plan to get back at the king.

"Miss?" Detective Del Valle analysed me with his dark blue eyes, probably for any signs of guilt.

I took the glass of water on the table and swallowed two huge gulps of water, "I entered the auction room with Olivia."

Detective Capella started writing on her notepad and detective Del Valle nodded his head. "Olivia Espada?" He asked for clarification.

"Yes."

"Then what happened?"

"We went- no sorry, she went to get a number while I went to find a seat for us," my brain was still in a blur of what happened after.

"Why didn't you get a number?" Detective Del Valle questioned.

"Because that was my first time at an auction, and I didn't really know how it works." I answered.

Detective Del Valle eyed at me suspiciously for a second but continued asking the questions. "What object was auctioning when you found the seats?"

"The teapot set which Queen Aitana used." Detective Capella continued jotting down what I was saying.

"When did you hear the gunshots?"

"Right after the teapot set was sold to Olivia. Then a lot of masked men came into the auction room, shooting down all the guards in the room." I shivered in fear a little as I relieved the memories.

I can see that his face is turning into a darker shade of seriousness. "How many masked men were there?"

"About twenty. Then their leader came in afterwards."

"Felon." They said at the same time, making the connection.

Detective Del Valle cleared his throat. "What did felon do?"

"He... asked the king to come onto the stage. And when the king didn't listen to him, he shot a woman sitting at the front row." The glimpse of the woman's body falling onto the ground flashed in my head.

"Do you know who the woman was?"

"No."

Detective Del Valle nodded his head, a signal for me to continue.

I screwed my eyes shut for a moment to block out the image of what happened next before replying. "Felon then told everyone the reason he came here was to kill the king. And you both know what happened next."

The king had a son who no one knew about.

Even some of felon's men widened their eyes a little. That made sense; there's no way it would have stayed a secret if he didn't take the necessary precautions.

"H-how... t-that is not possible." Nicandro's father still looked completely dumbfounded.

Everyone stayed completely silent when all they wanted to do in the moment was ask a thousand questions but they didn't want to end up like women in the front row who were shot two times in the chest. Olivia's grip on me by my arm lessened a little as the shock has overwhelmed her more than fear did in that moment. I looked at Nicandro who was in shock as a normal person would be when they found out that they have an uncle whom they didn't know existed.