𝐬 𝐢 𝐱 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐭 𝐡 𝐫 𝐞 𝐞

A pang of jealously hit me as I watched Nicandro offered his arms to her and led her to the centre of the ballroom.

Seconds later, the low melody turned into a higher one, which meant the dance had started and bodies started to sway. I looked over to Sha and the Australian guy, they seemed to be having a nice conversation, as well as that girl dancing with Nicandro.

I wasn't mad at Nicandro for dancing with that girl anyways, she made a bold move and people around were watching. If he were to reject her and dance with me, all attention would be on me and that was the last thing I needed with Felon still roaming around.

I turned around to walk away as it was getting awkward for me, standing alone, and staring that Nicandro. And that was when I saw Perez, leaning against the pillar. He noticed me looking at him shot me a wink and started to walk towards me.

God help me.

"That was pretty brutal, wasn't it?" He remarked.

"Yeah? And what are you going to do about it?" I challenged him. But really, I just want to get out of here. The air suddenly felt suffocating, and my dress felt too tight.

He reached out his arms towards me. "You can dance with me and show him what he's missing out."

I widened my eyes at him. He can't be serious. I noticed that eyes were on us and looked at him again. He is quite serious.

But why dance with me? I'm sure there were plenty of ladies who wanted to dance with him since he is royalty. How did he manage to reject all of them?

I didn't bother to continue wondering and attract more attention by standing there and walked with him to the dance floor. It wasn't like I could reject him; he is a prince after all. I made eye contact with Sha; she gave me a holy-shit-you-one-lucky-bitch look which I returned with an oh-my-god-I-cannot-believe-this look. She has then spun around and now back facing me, and I returned to my disinterested resting face.

Perez raised an eyebrow at me. "Aren't you going to ask me about that girl?"

"I was thinking your chatty mouth would do the job for me." I quickly looked at another direction when I saw Nicandro turning towards us. I didn't want to see the expression on his face.

He let out a laugh. "So you do have a sense of humour, unlike my cousin. I think I like you better when you're jealous."

I rolled my eyes. "Stop joking around and just tell me."

"And she's feisty too." He commented before I glared at him, and he started to speak. "That girl is actually a duchess from Switzerland, Alina Vetsch." Great, the initials of our names are the same.

He continued. "Her family is one of the last fifty families of the nobility left in Switzerland and also one of the richest in the country. She and Nicandro had known each other for a few years now since our families have done some businesses together. But a particular business that my grandfather did with her grandfather was a contract that if both are not in committed relationships when they turn twenty-one, they will need to marry each other."

I held my breath. "What?" Nicandro has never told me that and he would never keep something like this from me.

"Don't worry, your lover boy didn't know about this, nobody did. The contract was kept a secret and was only discovered after my grandfather died. But since he signed it without consent from Nicandro and he is now dead, the contract is not solid anymore. Nicandro wants out of it, but her family argued that a contract is a contract, blah blah. Therefore, one of the big things that will be happening on this cruise is deciding the fate of the contract."