𝐟 𝐨 𝐫 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐧 𝐢 𝐧 𝐞

Nicandro's POV

Dear diary,

Today is just like any other day since grandpa passed away; meetings after meetings with dad about his coronation and the instability of the monarchy right now. Spain does feel a little empty now without a king for the last few months. Dad's coronation cannot happen yet as the people are still angry with us. Just a little while longer until the judges decide if my entire family will be forcefully abdicating from the throne.

Being next in line to the throne means everything that happens in my life from now will be on the microscope by the public, especially during this time. That also means I would not be able to see Alveanea for a longer time than I had hoped. I really do miss her.

Dad has been the strong pillar our entire family needed throughout this ordeal. I certainly would not be able to run the country when I just discovered I had a secret twin brother who is probably the most well-connected drug lord in the world and killed his father. Mum was barely holding it together when it first happened, with protesters protesting that our entire family line should be abolished from the throne, sending death threats to us, our once connected friends had left us in the cold as well.

I guess the only good thing that came out of this is Perez and I working together despite our differences. We have been working on some other projects on the side without much of dad's involvement as I want to help lift off some of the burdens on dad's shoulders. Perez loves the monarchy and being in power more than he hates me, and I do not mind as long as it saves our family.

Efren cleared this throat, "I think you've been staring at that text message for seven minutes now, sir."

Alveanea: Hey, I just got back from my first day of school. Surprisingly I somewhat can understand what was taught in class lol. Also met this really nice girl, her name is Sha. Last week, I saw Breton coming home at six in the morning with his shirt all ruffled up and I swear there was a lipstick stain on the collar of his shirt. I'm glad he has found someone instead of being stuck with me in the house every time. What's going on with you recently? I hope everything is getting better on your side.

I sighed and turned off the phone, handing it back to Efren.

Efren raised his eyebrow, "You're not going to reply back?"

"What's the point, Efren? We've exchanged eight messages in the past three months," I ran my fingers through my hair frustratedly, "And just to not let go of each other completely, holding onto the last piece, waiting for that last piece to be gone. Well now that she has a new life, I don't want to hold her back and allow her to fully move on."

He remained silent for a few seconds before saying, "I understand, your highness," and closed the door behind him.

The following week, I met up with Perez for our bi-weekly meetings. This was our sixth meeting, and surprisingly we've managed to not bring up about the past, only focus on the present issue. We met up at the Grand Whimsical Hotel, the same hotel where I booked a suite for Alveanea when my grandfather found out she was staying with me in the mansion last year. I have a deal with the hotel owner, allowing me full access to three of the suites in the hotel and access to a pathway in and out of the hotel, which most of the staff aren't even aware of.

"Cousin," Perez acknowledged as I entered the room.

I gritted my teeth, not having to put up with any of his antics, "Let's just get this over with."

He raised his eyebrows at me, "Someone had a bad day?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "Just drop it, Perez."