𝐬 𝐢 𝐱 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐟 𝐨 𝐮 𝐫

Instead, it was his cousin.

No, it wasn't Perez, but his brother. The middle brother who I haven't met yet, I believe his name was Pazel.

I figured Nicandro would probably not be here, since he couldn't be seen leaving his own party in the middle of it without it looking bad. But I also thought it would be Efren, not his cousin who I had never met.

I realised he wasn't attracting a lot of attention from people, probably he was just a teenager. He looks about sixteen, has the same jet-black hair and grey eyes as his brothers. I approached him, he noticed me before rolling his eyes.

"Finally, you're here." He sulked and started walking off already. He sure seems nice.

"I'm sorry." I decided to say, not wanting to get on the wrong side with a prince.

He took out his phone from his suit pocket and typed something. "Whatever. I only agreed to be part of this sneaking around lovebird operation because I will combust if I spend another minute in that ballroom." So he wasn't a sociable person like his two brothers, that I can tell.

I didn't bother to ask him where we were going, not wanting to fuel to his frustration. Did Nicandro have to force him into this? I hope not. Not long after we reached the elevator, which he took out his phone and I saw him texting on Discord, which I had discovered is a social media platform, mostly used for gaming though. I was also pretty sure princes weren't allowed to be on any social media platforms.

Before I could continue my thought process, we had reached the highest deck of the ship. In fact, we were at the far end of the deck, where no one was. Pazel opened a door which then I saw Nicandro standing at the railing, looking out at the ocean. He quickly turned his head around when he heard my heels clicking as I walked through the door.

"Remember to hold up your end of the deal, Nicandro," Pazel called out.

"Of course. Thank you, Pazel." Nicandro replied before Pazel closed the door shut behind him.

What deal? I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and before I could ask Nicandro about that, he had somehow appeared right in front of me, put his hands on my neck and pulled me towards him for a toe-curling kiss.

I completely gave in and melted in his arms. After everything I had been through since the last time I saw him; getting stabbed by my biological father's ex-fiancé, saying goodbye to my half-sister, confrontation with Anton and finding out Felon had known for months what I've been up to, plus even what happened tonight with finding out his grandfather has signed a contract that he is to marry some duchess, this just reaffirmed that after everything, my feelings for him never faded since he kissed me during the winter ball last year.

"I missed you so much." He whispered as he broke the kiss and leaned his head down so that his forehead is touching mine.

"I see you listened to me and kissed me without my permission." I teased him and we both chuckled before he placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

He then moved both his hands down to my waist and gestured me to walk towards the railing. "Sorry about the dance."

I turned my body, facing him and reached my hand to touch his cheek. "It's fine, I understand. Perez told me everything."

"I only found out about the contract about a week after the court decided I was going to be the next king and wasn't losing my title that it was 'suddenly' discovered. They're not even trying to hide how hungry they are for the Spanish throne anymore." He lightly scoffed before his hand touch my hand on his cheek, moving down to his chest. "Have faith in me that I'll get myself out of the contract?"