𝐟 𝐨 𝐫 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐞 𝐢 𝐠 𝐡 𝐭

"So what are you doing after school?"

I rolled my eyes, "Somewhere without you."

I closed my locker door and locked it.

"Why can't we hang?" He pouted.

"Because you'll say we went on a date and that I'm in love with you," I scoffed and continued walking to the exit.

"Why do you think I'll say that?"

"Because that's what guys like you do. Boast about how many girls you went on a date this week and how many girls you're texting, all to boost your damn ego," I opened the door and now walking to the bus stop.

He looked a little stunned by that, probably because I was the first girl to say that to him. But he cleared his throat and collected his thoughts, "It's not like we forced them to go on a date with us."

"Well you're forcing me right now since I made it very clear that I've no interest in going on a date with you," I picked up my pace and prayed he doesn't follow me.

I let out a sigh of relief when I didn't hear any footsteps behind me for a few seconds.

"What if we went on a friend date?"

Bloody hell.

I turned around to face him, "But we're not friends. And I'm also not interested in being your friend."

He pursed his lips into a line before saying, "Okay, a get-to-know-each-other-in-a-non-romantic-and-non-friendly-date?"

I was about to reply no when he continued on, "You're a really mysterious person, you've been at this school for a month now and no one knows anything about you. Honestly, if you're from another planet, I wouldn't be surprised."

I chuckled in response to that. So I just go on this get-to-know-each-other-in-a-non-romantic-and-non-friendly-date, let him get to know the boring, reserved, sappy me and he'll leave me alone for good. Guys like him only like girls with dramatic personalities.

"Okay then, I'll go on a get-to-know-each-other-in-a-non-romantic-and-non-friendly-date with you, Walter Oplin."

Sherwyn: yo man got himself a date

Zachary: About damn time!

Sherwyn: Help a dude out with the outfit, will ya?

Zachary: Course, PM me your options

Sha: woop woop

(2) isit that girl you talked to on sat night?

Sherwyn: Yepp

That made me recall back to the night of the party when I saw Sha and another girl having an intense conversation. A conversation which sounded like some unresolved things and feelings. I wanted to be there for her like she has been patient and understanding with me not talking about my past. But then the attack happened and my focus has been elsewhere.

I turned off my phone and laid my head back down on a pillow. I stared at the ceiling for a few seconds before turning my head to my desk. At the corner of my desk, I put a small picture frame of my biological parents there. Anton sent me this picture along with some of my parents' things a while back and I put the frame on my desk as a reminder to myself that as much as I try to hide and deny it, I will always be the daughter of the infamous drug dealer couple.

The picture was taken on my parents' wedding day, as seen from my mother's white backless silky dress which showed the curve of her body and revealing her bird tattoo at the back of her neck, my father's expensive black suit with a matching black bowtie. They look truly happy in the photo; my father's hand around my mother's waist, pulling her close to him and both with bright smiles on their faces.