𝐟 𝐢 𝐟 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐭 𝐰 𝐨

"Get up."

I felt the cold metal off my neck and slowly stood up, turned around to see Helena holding a knife. She was holding it steadily with her hand and pointing it at me, with anger evident in her eyes. And that's when I connected the dots together.

She was the attacker.

"Why?" Was all I managed to say as I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. It was clear that whatever anger she had was toward me, not Breton.

What reason could she possibly want to make my life more miserable? What did I ever do to her? Heck, this was only my third time meeting her.

Apparently she found that amusing and scoffed, "I'm honestly surprised at how little you know about everything."

Everything. She knows about my parents.

"What did you do to Breton?" I stalled her, as I already knew that whatever she gave him must be a sedative of some sort as his heart is still beating.

I remembered the police officer who came with us and only needed to make a loud enough sound for him to come rushing into the house. But then, I also remembered that she went outside to take out the trash. Which means she took care of the officer. That goes the same for Leah when she asked her to go into the room to get the candles. She must have drunk the raspberry juice before Breton and I have arrived.

"It's just a sedative."

If she wanted to kill me, she would've done that when she attacked me. But instead, she goes through the trouble of being on the police's radar, drugging Breton as well her own daughter. This shows that she doesn't want to kill me, she wants a confrontation.

"Let's stop beating around the bush and get it over with," I snarled. She raised her eyebrows at me with my sudden change of tone. "We both know if you wanted to kill me, you would've already done that."

"Very well then." She dragged one of the chairs around the dining table to an empty corner in the living room, so I can't use anything to attack her, and another chair directly in front of that chair. She gestured at the chair back-facing the wall for me to take a seat, "Let's chat."

I carefully walked over Breton's unconscious body, walked into the living room and sat on the chair. "So, what unfinished business did you have with my parents?"

"It was more personal, actually." Helena threaded her words carefully, examining my face. As if to see, I'll slip up or something.

I decided to play along with her game, hoping that the sedative will wear off from either Leah, Breton or the police officer. "What was your relationship with them then?"

"You really look like your mother. And that really does tempt me to physically hurt you." I was a little taken aback by the amount of hatred in her voice, but I managed to remain a straight face.

A part of me wanted to ask what happened between them, but I didn't want to provoke her into wanting to hurt me. "So you hated my mother, noted. What does that have to do with me?"

She suddenly changed the topic. "Why did you start the search for your parents last year?"

"Same reason as any other orphan. To fill the void of always wondering where you come from and if you were abandoned. To feel some sense of belonging," I answered honestly.

She nodded her head, still studying me closely, "You found out that they were drug lords? Their empire was the biggest drug trade at that time?"

"Yes."

"And how did you feel after learning that?"

I hesitated. Truly, how did I feel? Sure, I was disappointed that they weren't a normal loving couple, but was I not sad that they were murdered? After these few months of knowing, I don't think I've actually grieved over their death. Heck, I didn't even want to avenge their death.