𝐟 𝐢 𝐟 𝐭 𝐲

Everything felt like it happened in slow motion.

Nicandro's face showed a sigh of relief when he laid eyes on me. There were so many feelings coursing through my veins that without putting in any thought, I ran to him and hugged him tightly. The warmth from his body comforted that for a second there, I forgot he is the prince of Spain and I'm the daughter of famous drug lords.

"It's good to see you," he spoke first and I could feel his breath on my ear.

"You too," I barely managed to get the words out as we broke the hug, as his beautiful face came into view.

I looked at him from head to toe, soaking in his glory. He was wearing a basic off white t-shirt with a pocket on the right side of his chest paired with black jeans and topped it off with sneakers. He must have just got off from the plane and came here straight.

"Where's Efren?" I asked when I didn't recognize the bodyguard standing at the glass door.

"He's on leave. His sister gave birth last week," Nicandro replied and gestured for me to take a seat.

His hand was on my back as he guided me to the couch over there. The silence was comforting and welcoming, allowing me to process that he's actually here, in Singapore. I had come up with so many scenarios in my head when we would meet next, never crossed my mind that it would be like this. I put my school bag onto the floor and scooted myself over to him.

His essence just made everything that much better.

I decided to start the conversation first, "Should I even ask how did you get everyone out?"

He leaned closer to me, which caught me unguarded for a second, but then his head moved past my face, to beside my ear and whispered, "Gas leak," before moving his head away from my face.

I cleared my throat, trying to gain exposure, "Are you going to be in Singapore for the tour thing you're doing?"

He sucked in a deep breath, "No. We only have ten minutes."

My heart sank, but I found the strength to say, "I'm just glad that I can see you again, it's been a while."

He gave me a smile back, putting his hand on mine, "I wasn't originally planning on coming here, but I'm glad I did."

I was taken aback by that, he wasn't going to come to see me when it was the first chance in months? Maybe he doesn't feel the same way as I do for him...

My body subconsciously moved a little away from him and he noticed that immediately, "No, it's not what you think."

I meet his eyes, not saying anything so he takes it as a cue to continue speaking,

He took a deep breath, "It's just... a lot's happening and I didn't think I could handle it. Watching the respect that comes with my family name just stripped away like that and have everyone around us look at us like we're a famous drug lord's family, not the royal family. It's like feeling disconnected to your own identity; an object floating in space, with no purpose and nowhere to go. There're plenty of times where I dreamed us back in Palenica again, just the two of us in that quiet city, having a picnic near the Puntene De Puentecillas."

"Yeah, that would be nice," I said softly. Not going to lie, I've thought about that too.

"I also have to apologise for not being here when you were attacked."

My eyes widened a little, and he knew what I was thinking, "After the countless times you were in life-threatening situations last year, I figured it would be best to keep an eye on you closely."