𝐟 𝐢 𝐟 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐬 𝐞 𝐯 𝐞 𝐧

"Are you nervous for tomorrow?"

"None of the end results will end well." I sighed, "If she's my half-sister, I don't even know how to continue our relationship. If she's Anton's daughter then I'll be the awkward middle person and Anton's life will drastically change. Then there's also a possibility where she's neither, and she'll have no one left."

"Whatever it is, you'll be there for her like the amazing person you are." Nicandro's soothing voice assured me. "That's one thing that I'm sure of."

I grinned at that. "Being very charming today, I see."

"I'm glad that my charm worked on at least someone today." I could hear the tiredness in his voice, can't imagine the pressure he has on his shoulders.

"Want to share about your day?"

He inhaled a deep breath. "The majority of the cabinet members dislike me. Whatever grudge they have against me, they're taking out on me like a ten year old. They're all ganging up on me and can't even show me basic respect." He scoffed.

"Well then you need to set them straight. Show them who is the one in charge." I waited a few seconds and he didn't counter back so I continued. "Right now, their impression of you is that you're just a kid who they can use as their puppet. They think you're too nice, which you are, and won't call them out."

"You're right. But I won't like doing it, we both know I like to settle things in a mature manner." I smiled at that. After everything that happened, I felt very assured that Nicandro would fit into the role perfectly as he was already doing what his grandfather wouldn't do, which is probably blackmail those who disagree with him into submission.

"I know you'll nail them. Also I should go now, it's late and I have an exam tomorrow." I didn't try to hide the sadness in my voice.

"Before you go, I wanted to tell you about the surprise I mentioned when I visited you, the one where my family still keeps their titles." I had almost forgotten about that with everything that had been happening but immediately got excited about what he was going to say. "My family is organising a cruise. We're inviting all the usual people in Spain, but also other influential people from other countries as well. And I wanted to invite you."

A cruise. With Nicandro. With ministers, nobles, government officials from all over the world.

"Wow..." I trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

"It'll be in three weeks, which by that time is your school break as I checked. It'll be ten days long and I'll talk to Breton if need be." He quickly added on, excitement clear in his voice.

I chucked, finding his excitement about this super cute. "Yeah, of course I'll be there. I'll never turn down spending time with you."

"Amazing." I could practically picture the grin on his face. "Oh and you're allowed to bring a plus one. As much as I want it to be all fun, I also need to use this opportunity to strengthen relations with others, and I didn't want you to be alone while I do that."

Disappointment flooded in but the excitement of seeing him again took over. "Sounds great, I can't wait to see you."

"And I'll be counting down the days."

"Why can't we just fast forward twelve days?" Walter groaned as he couldn't make sense of this chemistry question.

"You're actually counting down the days until winter break?" I looked up from my history assignment to face him.

He gave me an expression as if he saw an alien. "Who doesn't? School sucks and I want it to be over."

Though I may not enjoy having certain teachers and classmates, I do enjoy the learning portion. I was deprived of having education for ten years and I found everything taught in school fascinating.