𝐟 𝐢 𝐟 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐟 𝐨 𝐮 𝐫

I try not to let the sounds of overlapping conversations between the policemen outside the room engulf me into a panic. I had lied in many questionings many times now, what was the issue with this one?

The issue is I count eight officers, eight pairs of eyes that will be observing me as I answered the questions. Blurting out one wrong word, moving a muscle or breaking facial expressions will cause a lot of trouble for me.

The woman who was going to interview me introduced herself as Captain Lee and the person who was sitting beside her was Detective Ayaz, the detective who questioned me when Helena first attacked me in the house. There was a recorder placed right in front of me on the bed, which made my palm sweat even profusely as they can rewind the tape to listen, so I can't even make one small hesitation. Three other officers standing behind the both of them, while thankfully the remaining three stood outside in the hallway. It was not like the pressure wasn't enough.

Captain Lee intertwined her fingers together on her lap. "I apologise if all this feels overwhelming, surely you can understand the severity of this case."

"Of course, I will help in any way that I can."

She nodded her head before reaching to the recorder and pressing the on button. "I assume that Mr Fletcher has told you that Ms Belinsky died and how she died?"

I nodded my head.

"Can you speak up for the recording?"

I got embarrassed at that. "Sorry, uh, yes."

"Do you have any idea who was the one who shot her?"

"No." At least I don't have to lie for this.

"What would you say your relationship with Ms Belinsky was?"

"I knew her through Breton, as they... were dating." And she revealed she was my father's ex-girlfriend and that she was responsible for Zari's death.

But it was not like I can say that as they would start digging into my father and Felon will be involved. Then he would go on a rampage and many lives would be lost.

"And what about your relationship with her daughter, Leah?"

"We've gotten quite close and were very supportive of Breton and Helena's relationship." Hoping that we would become sisters, and now we might actually be biologically related.

She then moved on to ask the basic questions; what time Breton and I arrived at Helena's house, which officer followed us there and how Breton, Leah and the officer were knocked out. I did say that Helena was the one who drugged them, since it's quite given.

But I'll spin it around later.

Captain Lee cleared her throat, "So now we'll be getting into the difficult part of the questioning. Feel free to take your time answering the questions." She gave me a reassuring look before looking down at her notepad.

Just going through the story I was going to tell in my head one last time.

"Can you describe the person who stabbed you?"

"The person was wearing a black hoodie and a face mask covering their face, I could only see their eyes. It's a medium brown colour. I couldn't tell if the person was male or female. Not quite tall, just a little taller than me."

She gave the officers behind a look before turning back to me. "Those descriptions are similar to the ones you gave about the attacker who attacked you in your house less than three weeks ago. Do you think it's the same person?"

"Yeah, it does seem that way."

"Take us through what happened right before the person appeared to the moment when you were stabbed."