Sugar Cube - Part 2

Finnick and I stood by the horses hand in hand as we watched all of the other Victors enter the room

"I'm going to go talk to Katniss." Finnick explained. Before leaving he gave me a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"Katniss!" Finnick shouted across the room as he began to walk over to her. I watched him strut over to her. I would never ever admit it, but I was also slightly jealous when I seen him talk to other girls, especially ones as pretty as Katniss.

"Hello Finnick." Katniss sighed as he approached her.

"Do you want a sugar cube?" Finnick asked as he played with a sugar cube in his hand. "I mean there supposed to be for the horses but, who cares about them? They've got years to eat sugar. Whereas you and I, well if we see something sweet, we better grab it."

"No thanks." She answered. "But I would love to borrow that outfit someday."

Finnick laughed. "You look pretty terrifying in that getup. What happened to the pretty little girl dresses?" Finnick teased.

"I outgrew them." Katniss declared.

"You certainly did!" Finnick smiled widely at her, this made me even more jealous. I let out a deep sigh. "Shame about this Quell thing. Now you, you could have made out like a bandit in the capitol. Jewels, money, anything you wanted."

"Well I don't like jewels and I have more money than I need." Katniss interrupted. "What did you do with all your wealth anyway?" Katniss asked.

"I haven't dealt with anything as common as money in years." He answered.

"Well then how do people pay for the pleasure of your company?"

Finnick took a large step towards her, so that they were only a matter of inches apart. This made me extremely jealous. I began walking towards the two, ready to intimidate Katniss.

"With secrets." Finnick whispered into her ear. "What about you girl on fire?" He mocked. "Got any secrets worth my time?"

"I'm an open book." Katniss shrugged. "People always seem to know my secrets before I know them myself."

Katniss eyes moved from Finnick to me. I was now standing right beside Finnick. "Unfortunately, I think that's true." I snapped. I put my hand on Finnick's arm and turned to him, ignoring Katniss. "Hey Finn, mind if you leave me to chat with the 'girl on fire'?" I asked, looking from him to Katniss.

"Of course, she's all yours." Finnick announced. He then began to walk back to our chariot.

"I'm sorry you had to cancel your wedding Katniss. I know how devastating that must be for you." I said in an intimidating tone.

"Why are you jealous of us?" She asked.

I laughed at her comment. "Jealous. What do think I'm jealous of?" I scoffed. "Jealous of the lying? The pretending?"

Katniss opened her mouth to reply but I interrupted her.

"Don't lie to me Katniss. I, unlike most of the Capitol, see through your little act." I declared.

I took a step towards her, to ensure no one else could her what I was about to say.

"Listen here Wings, once we're in the arena, if you do so much as lay a hand on him, you'll wish you were never born." I threatened.

"I doubt I'd ever even get close enough to him. After all, you have the most kills in any Hunger Games ever."

"You think that's something I'm proud of. You think the faces of those innocent don't haunt my sleep at night. Because, news flash princess, I'm not a monster." I spat.

I turned around to see Peeta standing behind me. I knew this was my one chance to make Katniss jealous.

"Hey Peeta." I flirted. I winked and smiled at him. His cheeks glowed pink and I chuckled. I began to walk away before turning back to Katniss. "Have a nice day." I said to her.

I walked back to our chariot to be greeted by Finnick looking slightly angry.

"Finn, are you okay?" I questioned as I reached out for his hand. He pulled his hand away.

"What were you saying to Peeta?" He questioned not looking into my eyes.

"I just said hi Finn." I answered.

"Didn't seem like it. Did you see his face? He likes you." Finnick insisted.

"So? What does it matter if he likes me or not?"

"Is he jealous. He can't be. He views me as his little sister." I thought to myself.

"Daydreaming again Y/n." Joanna's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Joanna." Finnick greeted, happy again. I decided to just forget about his weird attitude. Even if we did like each other, it's not like either of us could do anything about it. In a month one of would be dead. Unless, of course, the Rebel plan worked. But still, even if it did work, Finnick or I could be dead before even having a chance to get rescued.

"Hello again." I greeted.

"Have you two got a chance to talk to Everdeen yet?" Joanna asked.

"Yes, we both did. Although, by the looks of it, Y/n also got around to flirting with Peeta." Finnick teased as he put an arm around both Joanna and I's shoulders.

"Seriously Finn?" I fake laughed.

"Nice outfits by the way." Joanna complimented. "I hate mine. My stupid stylist." She sighed.

"Come on Jo, it's not that bad." I reassured.

"Y/n I look like a tree!" Joanna countered. We all began to laugh at her comment.

"All Tributes into the chariots." A voice demanded from the speakers.

Finnick and I got onto the chariot. As the white horses began to move, Finnick grabbed my hand. I looked into his eyes and tried to give him a reassuring smile. Even though I too was terrified.