CHAPTER 20- Cold

He was holding her hand the whole time. He's not really sure about it, but he has a theory that the closer Reve gets to her bead, to him, the faster she'll recover. It seemed effective because in just one more day, she'll be out in the hospital. Only problem is, although she's been awake for more than 24 hours now, she's still not talking to anyone. That remained a mystery to the doctors and to Bård. The doctors said that maybe she's still in shock to whatever happened to her but Bård had this feeling that it's not. He thinks it's about him and what he said the last time they had a fight that made Reve ignore everybody, or him, exactly.

Bård was sitting in a chair beside Reve's bed while still holding her hand when Vegard, Calle, and Magnus came and entered the room.

"Hey, how're you doing?" Vegard asked. Bård quickly lose his grip on Reve's hand and acted as natural as he could.

"Great. She's doing great. We'll be out of here tomorrow after he finishes her IV and some other tests." Bård replied as he offered seats for the visitors.

"Hey." Ebonne suddenly went inside and that made Bård worry a lot. He looked at Reve, anticipating for another power outburst, but then she's sleeping. But she's awake a while ago. She's just probably faking it. Bård thought.

"Hey." Bård replied coldly.

"How're you?" Ebonne asked.

"Reve's fine." Bård replied and quickly avoided Ebonne's hug and kiss.

"What happened?" Calle asked as he stood up to give Ebonne a seat.

"The police said she was found unconscious somewhere just near here." Bård replied, careful not to spill what really happened.

"Why did she walk away from your house and why did you tell us just now when she's already gone for 5 days before they found her?" Calle asked again.

"Well, we had some sort of a fight, I was tired, and angry, and you know my patience about things. I said some stuff that I shouldn't have said but I said it and she heard it. I don't really want to get very specific with it but you get the idea." Bård explained.

"Well that sounds more like a lover's quarrel."Magnus commented.

Ebonne gave Magnus a killing stare.

"Sorry." Magnus said with a tone like he feared for his life.

"Good thing nothing really serious happened to her." Vegard said.

"Yeah." Bård said. If you only knew what really happened. He said at the back of his mind.

----------------------

Days had passed since they left the hospital and Reve's still determined to avoid him. People around them started to become suspicious, especially Ebonne, but Bård just continued ignoring her but there are times when his patience would run out.

"So it's you and that girl?" Ebonne confronted Bård.

"Think all you want, I don't care." Bård said, uninterested.

"That bitch!" Ebonne screamed.

"Will you stop it Ebonne! There's nothing between us just like there's nothing between you and me! Now will you just leave me alone?" Bård said as he screamed all his anger.

Ebonne went outside the room, annoyed.

Bård was left in the room. He heaved a sigh before slumping back to his chair.

"What is happening to my life?" He asked himself.

A few moments later Reve came inside.

"Hey, where've you been?" Bård asked Reve.

"Outside." Reve replied without even looking at him.

"You haven't fully recovered yet. You're not suppose to go alone anywhere." Bård said with concern in his voice.

"Why does it matter to you?" Reve asked coldly.

"Why does it matter to me? Goodness, you died there because I wasn't near you. I don't want that to happen again." Bård said in a whisper.

"Right." Reve said and went outside again.

"Hey, I just told you. Urgh! Never mind." Bård said in a resigned tone and followed her.

"Wait. I still have a taping. Just stay for a while." Bård said as he followed Reve's wake.

Reve did not respond and just continued walking.

"Hey, please." Bård begged but Reve's determined to ignore him.

"Reve. Please." Bård said as he grabbed Reve's forearm.

The moment Bård touched her skin, images then submerged her vision. It was an image of her lying in the hospital bed, lifeless. Bård was crying beside her begging her to wake up.

"Take it!" She heard Bård scream and she breathed again.

Then, the images went out and everything went black. The last thing she remembered was that a pair of strong arms caught her before she drifted into unconsciousness.