Chapter Fifteen

*Ari's POV*

Waking up in a white room with different kinds of machines with tubes attached to you isn't exactly the best thing ever. My head was pounding badly.

I was probably in a hospital. Well duh, obviously dumbo. The voice in my head said. Yeah, yeah, whatever.

"You're awake." my eyes slowly trailed where the voice was and saw my handsome boyfriend, shuffling his way to me. He looked like a mess. a hot mess.

There were black bags under his eyes, his hair was messy, which by the way looks hot on him. and he looked like he hasn't been eating for days.

Speaking of days.. how long was I out?!

"Hey, yeah.. how long was I out?" I asked, trying to move but a pain started to shoot in my body which made me groan in pain.

"Hey, hey, don't move too much. are you okay?" He asked worriedly, helping me lay down in a more comfortable position.

I just nodded my head and smiled weakly. "You were out for about three days. The doctor thought you were going to have a coma."

I sighed in relief and thanked the Lord for waking me up. but really? three days? wow.

"Oh, then I'll be like the sleeping beauty?" I chuckled softly, trying to lighten the mood.

"The best sleeping beauty ever. but I prefer the waking beauty." He replied and we both chuckled.

A moment of silence passed by; not an awkward silence, but a comfortable one.

All the memories of what had happened in the past three days gave me chills. I could have died if Cato didn't come save me. Chanelle would have shot Cato. He risked his own life for me. I couldn't be more happy that I met this guy. The love of my life.

"Thank you for saving me. You save me all the time. Like you're my knight in shining armour." I whispered, a smile playing on my lips.

"Because it's my job to protect you. You're my princess. I will always save you." He said, kissing my forehead.

I couldn't help the tears that was starting to form in my eyes. This guy. My bully before, the person who saved me from suiciding, my hero, has always been there for me. Words can't describe how lucky I am to meet him. I love him to death.

"Why are you crying?" He frowned, wiping the tear that escaped.

"I-I'm just so grateful to have someone like you." I cried more and tears fell like a tiny river.

He hugged me tightly, but careful not to hurt my injuries.  He whispered, "I'm more than grateful having a girlfriend like you. No matter what happens, I will never let you go. I will love you til' I die. and protect you even if it means my life will be in danger. I don't care. as long as you're safe. I love you so damn much, Ari. You will be the death of me."

Hearing those words from him, made me cry in joy. and with that, he cupped my face and kissed me with so much love and passion. This wasn't like our other kisses. This felt extremely special.