Chapter 13

Star's POV

For all of my years of knowing Storm. I have never seen her dance on a guy. Let alone her crush! My girl is all grown up. As music continues to play. I feel my phone vibrate and look at it to see a text from my mom.

Mother Nature👩🏾‍🦱❤️
Hey baby, how's everything? Everything alright over there?

Star ⭐️🥰
Hey mom! Everything is all good. Heaven is here with us

Mother Nature👩🏾‍🦱❤️
Alright hun. Be careful. I love you guys

Star⭐️🥰
We love you too mom

I smile at the text and turn it back off. As I look around I see Star and Heaven and the other girls talking. It's good she's getting to know them, she needs to make some friends. I'm so happy that my sister is here. She's been gone for way to long and I needed my sister. Hopefully she's staying for a bit.

"Here's your drink" Jalen says sitting beside me handing me a red cup. I thank him and take a sip.

"This party is lit. You did a good job" he says to me and I nod.

"Thanks. With the help of Storm I couldn't have done it" I tell him and he smiles at me. We've been getting along but knowing him it won't last long.

"Josh seems to like her" he says.

"Well she already loves him and they vibe together so it can work" I say and bob my head to the beat of Don't by Bryson Tiller. Such a vibe.

"Yea. How about us though" he says putting his arm around my shoulder. I look at his arm and make a face.

"What about us?"

"How you feeling?" He asks.

"I'm just chilling. We are just chilling, vibing, you know?" I say to him and he nods.

"That's it's?" He asks and I make a face again.

"Yes. What else am I supposed to say? We are vibing. We aren't really together" I say and he sighs.
He gets up and walks away. I roll my eyes and sigh. I don't have time for his drama.

I look around and something caught my eye. It's Josh.....and Anna? I squint my eyes and I see her... touching his chest, and then gives him a kiss on the cheek? What on earth are they doing? She was a little hoe but only to guys she knows. But him? Cmon now. And he should know better, especially that Storm is here. I keep looking till I see her whisper something in his ear.... then she KISSES HIM??? Oh hell no! Where's Storm? I get up and walk around till I see her.

"Hey Storm! What's up" I say to her quickly.

"Hey Star, I just seen Jalen walk away looking kinda pissed. Everything ok?" She asks and I scoff.

"He's just being dramatic because I basically told him we aren't together" I say and she slaps my arm.

"Girl why? Your ruining something good for yourself" She scolds me.

"I'm not good with commitment" I say honestly. She sighs and hugs me.

"You gotta try and put your trust in Jalen. He's an amazing guy and really likes you" I guess she's right. I'll think about it.

"Well I guess your right. Well it's time we put an end to this party" I say to her and she nods.

"Yea you're right. I'm just gonna go to Josh quickly"

"DON'T!" I yell and she steps back. She looks at me weirdly at my sudden outburst and folds her arms.

"Star, what's going on?" She asks and I shake my head.

"Nothing. Just help me. You can go to Josh after" she gives me a look.

"He has my phone. Let me just get my phone" She walks past me and I quickly follow her.

"Storm please" it was too late. I'm sorry.

Storm's POV

For some reason. The sight in front of me made the room quiet for me. Even though music was still playing. Wow.....I didn't know how to feel. Storm, your crush is kissing another girl in front of you. I can't be entirely mad. We aren't together. I guess me thinking we were growing a bond was just in my head. I walk over to him and tap his shoulder. He turns and his eyes widen. Don't act surprised bud.

"S-Storm..."

"Can I have my phone? I ask looking down. I can't make eye contact. Definitely not now.

"Storm look I'm-" I roll my eyes and put my hand out.

"I don't care! Just give me my phone" I say louder causing his friends and some others to turn there heads.  He hands me my phone and I grab it. I turn around and make my way upstairs going to my room. I lock the door and sit on my bed. How? When??? I left for 2 minutes. 2 minutes to use the bathroom. Looks like someone else has caught his interest.

I then see a drop fall on my phone. Then another. I'm crying?

"No Storm. You can't cry" saying it at loud only made it worse because they started coming down faster. I turn and lay in my pillow. Why does it hurt so much? I can't be mad at him. I can't be. We were just friends. Friends that kissed? I never imagined him to be like this in person. I guess it's true that social media people aren't always the same in person. They put out the side they want people to see.

Star's POV

"Ok everyone. Party over. Go home!" I say turning the music off. I hear a few groans and sighs and everyone soon starts to leave.

"Star let me talk to Storm please" Josh begs and I laughed.

"You've done enough tonight. Go home, think about what you did, and then maybe I'll let you talk to her" I say and he sighs. The ballers get up and start to leave. Jalen then walks pass me. I grab his hand and stop him.

"Jalen look I'm sorry" I say to him.

"You don't have to be sorry Star. I see how it is" He nods and walks out. I roll my eyes and huff. I don't have time for this.

Once everyone's gone, I look around and nod. Good no mess! I look at Heaven and nod my head in the other direction.

"Let's go check on Storm" I say and she nods. We quickly go upstairs and rush to her door. I try to open it but it's locked.

"Stormy open the door" I say.

"I want to be left alone" she says on the other side. Oh I know that voice. She's crying. I look at Heaven and she nods. I move to the side and she talks.

"Stormy, can I come in for a sec please. We want to make sure you're ok" Heaven says softly. We hear shuffling and then the door opens. She opens it and sits back on her bed. We sit on each side of her and hug her. I look at her and wipe her tears with my thumb.

"I don't know why I'm crying" she says and we laugh a bit.

"You're crying cause it hurts. And it's ok to feel pain, and it's ok to cry" Heaven says to her. I hate seeing Storm cry. It hurts my feelings.

Josh I'm beating your ass!