Chapter 29

Storm's POV

Right now I was with, Star, Heaven, and their mom. We were all sitting in the living room just having conversation. I wasn't talking much due to the fact I was in such deep thought. The only thing I had on my mind right now was Josh, my family, and my future.

"Storm, you're very quiet. Are you alright hun?" My auntie questions me, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Oh I'm fine, just thinking" I say to her and give her a small smile.

"Speaking of thinking, mom let me tell you one of the best ideas I've ever had" Star says and her mom laughs shaking her head.

"What is it now Star?"

"What if Storm didn't go back to Canada and stayed with us" she says and I snap my head at her. It's way to early to tell her.

"What do you think of that mom?" Heaven then asks.

"Well I mean, I don't think it's a bad idea. I wouldn't mind her staying here. But it takes a lot to just get up and leave everything you have back home. All the memories and the friends" She says and looks at me. Good thing I don't gotta remember that last part.

"Well um, I don't really have to worry about any of that. I'm always ready for fresh starts. I don't wanna be a bother though" I say and she instantly shakes her head.

"Storm, you'd never be a bother. I treat you as if I birthed you, I basically raised you along with your mom. Your always welcome here and to stay for as long as you like" She says and smiles at me. I smiled back.

"Thank you aunty" I say to her.

"It's just your mother, I don't know how she'll feel about her only daughter living in another country without her. I know my sister, she hates being away from you for so long Storm. Even when you were a baby. It was so hard for her to leave you alone" She says and I giggle remembering the stories I was told.

"But if you talk to her, can you convince her?" Star asks her mom and she shrugs.

"I can try, when the time is right. Until then, think about what you want to do" She says and looks at me. I nod and go on my phone as they all continue to talk again.

As I'm on Snapchat, I get a snap from Melo. I tap on it and it was a picture of him doing a piece and the duck face. The caption was "come chill with me today". I then take a picture of me and send it to him saying sure. He sends another snap and says to get ready.

"Aunty is it ok if I go hang out with my friend today?" I ask her. She looks at me and winks.

"You mean boyfriend? Don't think I don't know about you and Josh baby. Social media shows me everything" She says and my eyes go wide. There might be a possible chance my mom might know. If she found out she'll come and whoop my ass.

"Well yea me and him are dating now. But that's not who I was talking about. I meant Melo" I say to her.

"LaMelo Ball? Lavar's son?" She asks and I nod.

"Yes"

"Sure, but don't be out to late. I'm finally home so I wanna spend time with you girls" she says and I nod. As I get up to go to my room, Star looks at me and smirks. I laugh and shove her head. She laughs back and pushes me.

I walk up to my room and look into my closet. I'm just gonna dress comfortable. I grab a pair of ripped jeans and a Rugrats tie dye shirt. I put them on then go to my vanity and put on a light amount of makeup and of course my own brand lashes. Once I'm done getting ready, I brush my hair and spay my perfume on. Once I'm done I see another snap from Melo. It was a picture of the house and he said he's outside. I grab my bag and phone and walk out. Of course I say bye to everyone before I leave. I walk over to his car and get in.

"Meloooooo!" I yell.

"Stormmmmm!" He yells back and we hug. He smells so good.

"Why couldn't you just text me the normal way?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"I'm not a normal guy" he says and we both burst into laughter.

He turns the car on and we instantly head onto the road. He turns on his music and DaBaby starts playing. We bop our heads to the beat as I look outside the window. Without realizing, the car has came to a stop. I look and see a food place in front of us. Cane's....never heard of it.

"Cmon lets go S" he says and we get out the car. We walk out and walk into the restaurant. The smell of chicken instantly fills my nose and I smile. It smells so good in here.

Melo goes to the cashier and orders for the both of us. Something I realized about all these guys is they never let me spend money. The gesture is nice and all but I like paying for myself. Even when I put up a fight they still won't let me so I gave up. Minutes later he came back with our food and we take a seat somewhere in a booth.

"Ever had Cane's before?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Nope this is my first time" I say and he gasps dramatically making me laugh.

"Really? They don't have it in Canada?" He asks.

"Nope" I say and open the container of food. It's chicken strips with fries, bread, and macaroni salad. It smelt very good.

"So what does Canada have besides beautiful girls" he says. I look away and blush at the compliment. He looks at me and chuckles.

"I mean we got a lot. I will say food wise America takes the cake. But everything else, I think Canada is better" I say and he nods.

"Well I'll travel there and be the judge of that" he says and I nod taking a bite of my food. Oh this is so goodddd.

"Mmmmh" I say and close my eyes taking another bite. Melo stops eating and looks at me.

"Don't do that" he says and gives me a look. Is he ok?

"Why?" I say.

"Just don't make that sound" he says and continues to eat again. I give him a confused look and continue to eat. We start conversation again and just chat about our lives. As we talk, I can't help but think.

Did Melo almost flirt with me?