Chapter 8 -worry

I got home that night, feeling like I had something to fight for. After my rant about Vultera, our village made an attack plan. Tomorrow we will start our journey and walk to Vultera and attack at dusk they shall see how they like being attacked. My brother didn’t seem pleased with this idea. Peter just looked at me, totally seemed unaware of what I was explaining. When we got home, he was silent. He didn’t congratulate me for my idea nor said anything. He wasn’t even telling me where he had been and I was worried. But I wanted him to start the conversation. I wanted him to explain. I waited and waited but he didn’t say a word. I was impatient.

He was in the kitchen siting at the dining table, drinking hot tea. When I came in the room, he didn’t even look at me!

 Peter, why haven't you said anything? Why are you so quiet? And where were you when the Vulterian’s came! I was worried!

He still stays quiet, taking another sip of his tea but looks at me for a quick moment.

He was so frustrating! I was about to tell him how unreasonable he is acting, but before I could Peter looks at me angrily and shouts.

  What were you thinking, Cybele! We cannot attack Vultera it will start a war, a war we cannot win! You gave those people hope and they will just be disappointed! What if you get killed!  I can see you feel happy about your decision. But it’s wrong and you shouldn't go through with it!

  You don't know anything! We can win! You just don't believe in us! Our village, we are hunters while they are just prayers, we can kill! I am going there tomorrow. You cannot stop me; this is the right thing to do! I press my lips together, concentrating on my brother.

Peter sighs

I figured it wouldn't matter what I say, that's why I was so quiet. You know, just do whatever Cybele. All I'm doing is trying to look after you.

  Well thanks, but I think it’s clear I can take care of myself!

Angered, I stomp to my room and slam the door.