Cybele 23

We both agreed that we will meet at the falls to be together every Thursday. We would have to be careful, having the same face made both theories of Vultera and Tainia untrue. If anyone knew about us, it would definitely create some tension. It raises a lot of questions; until we talk more, maybe we can find the answer to this. It was hard enough to know from since you were young all that you thought and have been told may have been a lie. If people knew; they would question us, or even worse imprison us! Being cautious, Aurora leaves ahead of me. When I get to the village the five were gone. Everyone in the village was standing in a half circle surrounding the elders.

  So therefore, we have come to an agreement with Vultera, they will no longer be visiting us…

After that phrase, I kept a blank stare and the image of the murder came into my mind. But the Elder continues.

… As long as we both stay on our lands. We shall not ever cross the borders of the forest nor shall they, so from here on be cautious or else it will cause imbalance between the truce.

This wasn’t good. I am trying to stay positive but I can’t help but to think of the worse. If Aurora crosses the border and gets caught, I have no idea what they will do. I just hope she knows about the truce.  When I got home, I could still here chatter outside, it was an eventful day, I bet everyone was talking about their point of view of the truce. I guess the attack succeeded, the only logical reason Vultera would ever make a truce is because they are scared of us?  I could say it was an act of valour on my part. I should probably get a medal or something. Some Recognition but I’m not expecting anything. I've learned early on, not to expect much. Truly expectations ruin hope, so I try my best to not think of an expectation. It might seem ridiculous but I take it to heart; if I have no expectations, I’ll have fewer disappointments.

 Peter walks through the door.

Hey, so what do you think of the events today?   

I ask

I think it’s good for Tainia; the truce is a seal of protection. We no longer have to be afraid of

They and they no longer need to fear us.

 Yes, but I would like to know the real reason for why they wanted a truce, they were the ones who started this whole thing, and they are the ones to blame.

Maybe they just realized their mistakes. I wouldn’t say it was there faults either.

How can you say it isn’t! They came to our village, attacked us.

   Cybele, I know this is a subject that gets you all fired up, no need to get angry. I just believe it takes two to make a problem. Besides, we don’t even no much about the history of the planet and both societies .How can we judge when we don’t know the full story?

 I guess you’re just blinded by your own deception. What matters is the present, we are living now, if it affects us, it should matter Peter.

 I say slightly annoyed.

Agree to disagree?    

He says with a slight chuckle

Fine  

I never liked   agree to disagree thing. It was just avoiding a heated argument.