Aurora 26

There was another gathering at the Unity temple. It wasn’t a surprise because if the five went to Tainia, there must be something to tell.  The five are on the podium and people quiet down to hear the announcements.

We are addressing a new law. Tainia and Vultera have come to an agreement that we will no longer harm one another. We all know that our lands are very different and we've had some conflictions .to further end any conflict with Tainia; it is punishable by death to cross Vultera walls. Unless you can run far way enough, we will find you.  

Father spoke in such an aggressive tone like he was threatening all of us.

When the gathering ended, it was concerning to how I would ever escape Vultera to see Cybele, if I had a death threat. I wasn’t in the mood to think about it, when Thursday comes I will deal with it. I didn’t really care about the danger, I wanted to explore the world, and I don’t want to stay here for all my days! To clear my head, I stayed at the philosophy temple for most of the day, reading through books of all subjects. I read about amphibians, how frogs and toads how they grow from small larva's in the water to hoping green things. Books always seemed to bring me to my happy place, reading left me with amazing thoughts and questions about the planet. How everything is what it is. Really life doesn’t make any sense. How come animals eat plant and raw meats but Humans cannot eat raw meat? We cook things, isn’t that unnatural? Why would the higher power make us so differently? Each theory of how our world has developed is all untrue. Every theory has a flaw, and nothing fits the puzzle .I guess believing in something helps us to keep living because the unknown is scary. We are all living our lives the way we want to. What we have all in common is we want something or someone to look after us, to guide us because we have doubts about how we are supposed to live. I think all along we’ve done that all on our own, together we help one another. When I think about that, it reminds me how beautiful the human race is.

Back at the house, no one seems to be home. But there is the susurrus by the back window.

Aurora!

Cybele whispers

What are you doing here?

I ask looking around cautiously making sure nobody's around, I shut the curtains around the windows.

I needed to come here and tell you something, also wanted to know what we are going to do about this truce.

I heard about it today, the punishment is death. If someone catches you ---

I know the risk I took to come here, aurora. I have been having this one nightmare about a terrible chaotic event when I was small and in my dream last night I concentrated on the characters of my dream and you were in it. And my dream is so vivid, and in my dream there’s this blue ribbon hanging on the tree branch above me and I went hunting and saw the same ribbon from my dream. It might mean something!

I think we thought the same thing at that moment, that maybe this dream was a memory.

I hear my father outside, I push Cybele inside and we hid into the large wardrobe in my room. I still hear him outside the house.

Make sure you guard the gates. No one goes outside and no one comes in.

We hear another male voice

Master, I need to tell you something

Tell me at once! But we cannot speak here, let’s go.

We both stare at one another, 2 inches apart. My necklace touches Cybele as I get up and flashes of memories come into our minds.