Aurora chapt 7- Fruits

I went to sleep fairly quickly, since the night before I was preoccupied with the book. But when I woke up this morning it was the first thing I grabbed. I started to read the final pages.

 The vescor demon also known as Argontas, is believed to have existed since early ages on the planet plutonia. People believe he disguises himself in human form and feeds off of humans. It’s been said his true demonic form is viciously looking, He stands 10 ft. tall. He has a distinct flat nose, dark purple horns like those of a ram, deadly eyes, muscular body and dark red skin.

Just reading it and picturing it in my head scared me a little. It made me wonder if any of the legends or myths that I have read were true. I wish some were, like the fairies and the mystical trees, but some were really horrifying. I closed the book and decided I had enough. It was fine for a while but the legends were starting to make me feel paranoid. I sat up from my bed pulling the blue cover off that kept me warm and placing my feet on the cold floor, I go to my closet where I pick out my robe and head into the kitchen. I see my father there again just like I did the night before, in the wooden chair at the dining table. He carried a worried look upon his face.

Is anything bothering you this morning?

Oh, no. why would you think that dear?

 I don't believe him.

It's just you seemed kind of worried... 

Don't be silly! I am probably just tired; I had a pretty weird dream that led me to think deeply, so it’s nothing to worry about.

I still felt something was wrong but I chose to ignore it. I walked out the door and went to the praying temple. Walking up the long white glossed stairs, I see how quiet it is I picked up a broom and started to clean. Continuing to think about the tales I read. Noon finally came, and I was starving! I made myself a fish salad and I was so excited to eat. I sat in the garden outside the temple and sat cross legged with my food in front of me. A little girl with blond hair approached me, tugging on my robe.

Miss, could you spare me some food?

I gave her my lunch and told her she could have it. The little girl smiled, took the food and thanked me for my kindness and walked away.

Maybe it was selfish of me, but I really didn’t want to give her my lunch but to the higher power kindness is expected. Sometimes I wish I were more selfish. Now what do I do?  I was obviously still starving. I needed to get some food. I walked around the garden looking for something good, I grab an apple from an apple tree nearby. Yum. Eating the delicious fruit, I thought about the legend of the forbidden apple, one of the stories I read in the book. Apparently the apple was forbidden to eat for the poor because it was special for the rich. But one day a child who was starving for food ate from the apple tree. The whole town had heard about the child who took an apple from the tree. And that nothing happened to him, so the town’s people all started eating from the tree and learned that the rich were lying to them. The rich were selfish and didn’t want the apple tree to run out of apples and to be wasted on the poor. But both realized that the apples would grow again, and everyone could have the delicious fruit.

 Ding dong ding dong

There is was again, the sweet sounds of the bell. I calmly tilt my head back in forth to the soothing sound.