Chapter 2 :Introduction To Cybele

Watching as it slowly made its way to open ground,I exhaled and released the arrow. Caught it! I rushed out of the leafless bush and ran passes the trees as i made my way to the body. There lied on the ground a deer with an arrow puncturing its heart. The oxygen was no longer to be breathed by its lungs. The deer no longer had to live with the fear of the unknown. The unknown if it would survive another day in Vultera. In that exact  moment I wished that I was that deer. I hear behind me a scrunch of leaves.

 "Cybele,you should have invited me to your little hunting trip." I turn around to see my brother giving me a confident prideful smirk with a tall redhead wrapped around his arm.

 "i didn't think you were up for it and besides i prefer hunting alone." My brother never liked hunting and he never came along so my guess is that his true intentions were to impress that girl.

"Do you need help carrying it back home?" 

I sigh. Is this to genuinely help me or just impress the redhead. 

"No, I am fine you two should go its almost night fall."

 He turns away with the girl still wrapped around his arm then looks back nodding his head  fading deeper into the woods. I tie the deer's feet with rope straddling the deer onto my back. I look up and spot a blue ribbon tied around a tree branch. I stood there in disbelief as this blue ribbon was the exact to the one I have seen in my reoccurring nightmare. 

The dream began to replay in my head:

 I'm young, about 2 years old and i'm sitting on the ground in the middle of the woods. The tree branch above me has a blue ribbon tied around it. My brown hair flows violently from the wind as crossfires progress in the distance.My face is dirty and I am carrying a worried expression. i hear people screaming in the background. I see this tall man running in the distance with a child in his arms running further away. 

I catch myself starring at the blue ribbon. That nightmare never seems to go away. I feel my whole body filled with anxiety. I became nearly breathless as my heart beats faster.I come closer to the ribbon, grab it and continue walking.