Aurora chap 9-Unity Temple

Father had the whole city at the Unity Temple; I think by the look of everyone's expression, we all knew that something was going on. The Unity Temple was only ever used for when we had emergencies like a bad storm and often used to declare the law. 

It was my least favorite out of the four temples that we had in Vultera. Our temples were: Unity, Philosophy, Nature and Heavens. Those four temples represented: the unity of people, knowledge, the elements and the soul.

At a young age we learn about the temples purposes and also that these 4 things let us live, learn, eat and feel. The Unity temple was the only temple that had less meaning to me since nothing good came out of it, being here meant something bad was going on or going to happen. I slide further down the wooden bench to let more people sit down. I see my father at the podium with the other priests, Father is wears the violet robes since he is the high priest, and the other four behind him wear white. He looked like the king. Does that make me kind of like a princess?

Hello everyone.

Father speaks

 We all rise and hold each other's hands, with our eyes closed. We raise our arms while holding the other persons hand and open our eyes, slowly releasing our grasps. We all sit back down attentively looking at my father.

  We are all gathered here in unity for a rather displeasing purpose. Just so we understand; we must be even more united. There's been a word going around that the Tainians are planning something.

Father tells with concern.

 Everyone looks at one another and gasps.

We do not know for sure if they will act upon it, but never the less we must be prepared. All the men are required to stand by the gates for lookout of any attacks. All the women and children must stay in their homes for precaution. That is all.

Even though he said it was only a word, a practical hunch that the Tainians have been planning something, people were going a little berserk. People gasping, women and children holding their husband and fathers like it was their last time seeing one another. It was overly dramatic. While I was convinced that the Tainians wouldn't attack, they couldn’t, we always over ruled them.