Cybele chap12 - Miror

We have been walking for an hour and we finally got to the border of the woods, crouched we all noticed that they knew we were coming. Most of our soldiers looked confused and disappointed. Our element of surprise was gone. Beside me, was the man that had told me he'd seen a spy, I look at him reassuringly .I knew for sure that there was a spy among us. But who is it? I knew I needed to find out soon. My fear was he was one of the attackers.

  What are we going to do now?

  Someone asks quietly.

I knew I needed a new plan if we were to win this battle. I look around thinking for a way in. the walls were really high and in white granite it almost looked like a prison or like a big white box with a pier. We had some advantage since the northern lands had eminence we could easily hide. But there wasn't a clear way inside. I notice that one the white granite walls facing west had architectural peaks, they seemed close enough to climb and unguarded.

 Everyone Head west!

I command.

We march down for a couple of minutes and arrive at the level point. Then I explain my plan to the others. The plan was to get close enough to see the guards, if any. Then Junda would shoot her arrows and kill anyone near the wall.  I would stand guard for any other attacks while the soldiers climb the wall. Junda and I crouch down and hide behind a tree, she looks for guards .Junda shoots her arrows and manages to kill three men guarding the wall. Quickly and quietly all of us make it to the west wall. The soldiers start to climb the peaks on the building; I don't hear any sudden sounds for most of the soldiers. But then I start to hear grunts and fighting. I climb fast behind and step to the ledge and from around the corner a man raises his sword and swings at me! I fall to the interior of the gates and fall to the ground. I scurry backwards avoiding the man, the man starts running toward me. I grab my arrow and pull and release and hit him. I start to climb the higher peaks before any other men find me. I get to the top and fight off some more men. Then without knowing one grabs me and swings, I lose balance and fall down. I land on a tarp from a food stand. My legs feel a shock at first. It felt broken but it was fine.

 I get out of the mess that I fell into and go towards some grey stone houses, I hear men shouting behind me. I grab my arrows and shoot two men down who were following me .It seems deserted after that .Until I catch one of the houses with a light beaming from it. The home seems to be unguarded. I slowly open the door and look inside, empty. I take a step inside and pull out an arrow. Suddenly I hear footsteps. I listen to the noise and run towards it. I see a girl with light brown hair in the kitchen fiddling in a drawer. She turns around and almost stabs me with a knife. She gets startled and surprised. I look up and see her face. She was….Me.

I tried to wrap my head around this. I knew for a fact Tainia didn’t think there were two people of the same face. For years the two lands have been contradicting, because Vultera believed in a Higher power and we believe in the balance of all things. But in this momentI look at the girl standing before me, who looks exactly like me.

Her clothing is strange...It’s just a dull long white robe with one vertical purple stripe across of it. But she did wear a pretty gold chained necklace with a long silver stone attached to it.She is my height and probably my age. I have always been pale, which most people found to be unique for Tainians since most Tainians had commonly darker complexions. She had light long brown hair tied into a really pretty fishtail braid. Her eyebrows were dark and her eyes were ice blue. There was no doubt that she looked exactly like me. She appears to be examining me by the way she looks at me up and down. I feel a little bit threatened. Is this a joke? Is she even real? I grip my bow tightly, procrastinating if I should still attack.

Ding Dong! Ding Dong!

 It sounded like sounded an alarm!  I hear the front door open, I had to leave, I wanted to ask her questions but I couldn't trust that I wouldn't be killed or captured. I ran the opposite direction and opened a window in what seemed to be the dining room. I leaped out the window and ran. The walls of the building were so tall; I had to get out somehow. I walk around in secrecy for a while, some of the army men were still running around. I spot one of my soldiers running from an army man, I quickly shoot my arrow and it hits him in the back. I scurry to one of my soldiers and we find a way out in one of the abandon sewers. We meet up with only eleven other attackers from our attack group; a few were missing and some dead.