Cybele chap 10 - Intent

Peter still didn't say anything after last night. I figured he knew I wouldn't change my mind so he didn't bother trying to stop me. But when he didn't speak to me it bothered me immensely. Peter always was a tad secretive and quiet. I wonder if he was always secretive. I would've liked to have known Peter when my parents were around. I've never known them because our mother and father died when we were young. I wonder if their deaths had anything to do with him acting this way.

I spent the morning hunting, practicing for the attack at dawn. I spoke to a fellow soldier, an older man with grey hair and the roundest stomach you've had ever seen .He said that he lived outside the village; he had a home in the woods and had heard about my speech and wanted to fight. He told me some interesting news, he had seen, what he thinks to be a spy .The spy seemed to be going north, close to Vultera. He told me that he seemed to be in too much of a hurry .it was suspicious because Tainians would never cross the woods without a weapon and especially heading toward Vultera. The old man said maybe it was nothing, but we can never be sure. We walked back together to central village where we had everyone gathered for the attack. We had almost everyone part taking in the attack. There were some adolescents like me, I recognized Junda, one of my fellow archers. Junda and I where the only two women that arched, I knew she was strong. Muscular men from the village joined in, they would be surely great fighters. I had a feeling we could make an attack that would send a message. We had strong soldiers. We all start heading towards the woods holding our weapons, strapping swords and arrows to our backs. I thought everything was going well, until Peter leaps in front of me.

You startled me!

  Please, I'm begging you. Cybele, don't go, you will get hurt!

Peter pleads

Why does he always bring this up! Angered by his unfaithfulness, I raise my voice.

  Peter I am going! We need to do this for our people! It will never get better if we sit back!

He grabs my arm and pulls me aside; I get loose from his grasp.

Stop! I'm leaving !  I yell as I walk away .

Peter finally gave up, he stayed standing there watching me leave with the most concerning expression, it made me angry but at the same time asking myself ;why he was so desperate for me to stay.