Stockholm Here We Come

MARIE

I was in the middle of studying new sewing techniques when my phone rang. It was Alex requesting a video chat.

I answered it, expecting to see Alex, but Kylo's face popped up instead.

"Oh, hey Kylo," I said a little thrown off.

"Hey Marie, I think something's wrong with Alex," he said.

I grew concerned.

"Where is she? Is she okay?"

"She's in bed, she doesn't know I'm calling you," he replied, then sighed, "I'm worried about her. She won't tell me what's wrong."

I sighed, "I guess I can come help. You're going to have to learn to do this on your own if you're taking her away from me, you know..."

Kylo closed his eyes and did a big sigh, "Can you please just come talk to her?"

"Okay," I replied.

****

Kylo answered the door, leading me to the bedroom. He nodded, then left to go into the kitchen.

I opened the door to see Alex sitting on her bed, facing her window.

"Hey girl," I said calmly.

She turned to look at me, smiling, "Hey Marie."

I walked in and sat down next to her.

"Heard you're acting a little odd this morning, you alright?"

Alex closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"He was in my dream. Kylo turned into him when we were um, doing it."

"Oh, fuck..." I said, giving her a hug.

"I thought it was just a dream and I could shrug it off, but..." Alex gestured down to her legs.

There were scratches all over the inside of her thighs. I felt my blood boiling.

"Why the fuck..." I muttered. "I told him he could own me. I asked him not to hurt you."

"Did he actually agree to it, though?" She asked, and I thought.

No, he did not agree. I remember what he said too.

No promises, but if you behave, I'll consider it.

I couldn't trust Pennywise anyways. Even if I did behave, he would somehow use it against me. I couldn't fall for that shit.

"Doesn't matter," Alex said, "He can't break me. We have a plan, remember?"

"Yeah, I suppose we do..." I trailed off, thinking about the plan.

"You need him, Marie," she said. "We have to kill this fucking asshole. We have to get you and Bill together."

****

It was time. We were off to Sweden today. We all stayed at my place the night before. We had to get up very early. I made sure all my loose ends were tied tightly with work and personal life because I wasn't sure if I was coming back. When leaving my apartment, I left a letter to the landlord on my desk, just in case I wasn't returning.

We arrived at the airport at 4 am. SO fucking early. We checked our bags (I found it a little cute watching Alex teaching Kylo how to use the kiosk machines for bag checking. How his lightsaber made it through the airport I will never know). We were now at our gate, waiting to board.