Don't Leave Again

MARIE

The words she said sent shivers up my spine. I took in a very deep breath, feeling the anxiety race through me.

I focused on Alex's hand, squeezing mine to calm down.

"It's okay, Marie." She looked out the window to a park across the street.

"His thoughts are coming from there. You ready?"

I took in another deep breath and nodded.

We left the cafe and walked over to the park area. It was just an open field with a walking path and some benches.

"He's somewhere here, let's look around," Alex whispered.

Holding her hand tightly, we walked around the park together, studying each person we saw. I didn't want him to see me first in case he would run away or something.

We came up to another bench that was facing away from us. A man was sitting there, a black winter coat with a toque.

Alex rubbed my hand and pointed to him, whispering "Him."

I stopped, looking at her. I felt the anxiety build.

Alex seemed to be able to tell and rubbed my back, mouthing, "It's okay."

I nodded to her and began to slowly walk up to the man while Alex stayed back. I stopped a few feet behind him, took a final deep breath, and spoke.

"Bill..."

The man turned around, and sure enough, it was him. The moment our eyes met, he stood up immediately, shock expressed on his face.

"M..Marie.." he said.

We stared at each other for a minute. He looked like he was studying me, trying to make sure I was real.

"...Bill?" I said, choking a little bit as tears formed.

He began to choke as well.

"Marie..." he said again, and suddenly ran over. As soon as he was close enough, Bill scooped me up in his arms and embraced me. My body went limp, except for my arms, which embraced him as well.

Holy fuck, it felt amazing to touch him again. He squeezed me, and I began to cry. He faced me, and I saw tears were already falling down his beautiful face.

"Marie!" He yelled, then took my face in his hands and began to attack me with kisses, while trying to speak at the same time.

"You're so stupid!" *KISS* "Why did you..." *KISS* "..come back for me..." *KISS* "Fuck I missed you..." *KISS* "Why did you come to me?? Why??"

I sniffed and said the words I wanted to say to him since he left.

"Jag alskar dig ocksa (I love you too)"

Bill fell to his knees and cried, burying his face into my jacket stomach.

"Jag alskar dig....jad alskar dig" He whispered into my tummy.

"Please never leave me again," I said to him, crying, and I held out his ring to him.

He saw it, took it from me, stood up, and kissed me again.

"I will never do something that fucking stupid again," He said, holding my face.

I heard sniffing behind me and looked over to see Alex crying while watching us.

Bill saw her and extended his arm out, and she ran over, and the three of us embraced in a long hug together.

"Thank you..." I heard Bill whispered to Alex.