Old Friends

ALEX

The three of us freshened up and left the hotel heading off in the direction of the carnival. I held Marie's hand for the whole walk, squeezing it gently, sensing her unease while Kylo walked behind us.

We passed by so many interesting things and friendly-looking tall people the only one fitting in here was Kylo I turned my head to glance at him.

"Look at that you fit in with all the other freakishly tall people."

"Easy, sweetheart, you don't want to wake the beast." He said, winking. He muttered brat under his breath, I rolled my eyes and turned back to Marie, and she snickered.

you'll pay for that later brat

I flashed an image into his head of me bent over his lap while he spanks me.

Ohh, he's frisky today. He's never called me a brat before maybe the old Kylo was coming out to play. I bit my lip lost in my thoughts. He's been nice lately. Sometimes I miss him being rough. It's like he thinks I need him to be gentle, but sometimes he scares me. It's very confusing. Okay, focus, Alex.

While we walked, I searched out for Bill feeling for his presence. Nothing yet, maybe the closer we get to the carnival, there's no way he wouldn't come, right?

The air was crisp snow lightly, coating the ground as we approached the large sign greeting patrons to enter the carnival. The familiar smells of popcorn and cotton candy carrying through the air. I took a deep inhale, enjoying the delicious aroma.

"Alright, Marie," I said, walking under the sign, I grasped her hand tighter, giving her a small smile. "this is where it all started."

We walked in searching for the older woman and found her a little way in we eventually stood in front of her booth she looked exactly as I remember small and delicate with grey hair tied in a messy bun and a mischievous look in her eyes.

She didn't look at all surprised to see us.

"Hello, ladies." She mumbled, glancing past us at Kylo. She turned her gaze to me. "You...You have an exciting future ahead of you." She turned her gaze to Marie. "Dear sweet Marie, I know why you're here."

"How do I help him? Please, you have to help us. You know what he is." she pleaded. The woman grasped her hand and rubbed the back of it. "You already know."

"WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN." I've never heard Marie yell like this. I reached out, clutching her arm, "Hey...It's okay, calm down."

I stepped lightly, trying to settle her down.

I lightly pulled Maire to the side and stepped to the old woman.

I stared into her eyes with as much seriousness as I could muster. "Are you talking about the connection she has with Bill." She smiled at me before she answered,

"Somewhat...More importantly, the connection she has with you." She smiled at Marie and continued.

"When light and darkness unite together, nothing can stand against them." She spoke like she was uttering a prophecy from some old renaissance movie. Was I the darkness?

"Okay?" I mumbled.

"Listen, if you two stand against him, the demon will fall." The old woman sighed.

Marie got a thoughtful look on her face and nodded with understanding. I wasn't exactly sure what she had planned.

Marie turned towards me. "You guys can go look around. I'm going to talk to her for a little bit. I have more questions." I wouldn't say I liked leaving her alone, but she assured me she would be right behind us. I told her I was going to go on some rides. I pointed to my head. "I can always find you." she gave my shoulder a small shove off towards the ticket booth.