HAYAMI - TWENTY TWO

AUTHOR-SAMA POV:

Before the paint bullet can hit Azumi, Hayami quickly jumped in front of her and casted a protection spell, successfully shielding both of them away from the paint splatter.

"Phew, that was close!" Hayami said, reaching a hand out to help Azumi up.

Azumi blushed red as she quickly took the hand and stood up.

"Y-you-, thank you I guess..." Azumi said looking away from Hayami.

Our Hayami giggled and patted the heroine's head lightly, "No worries! We are a team! We have to help each other!" She exclaimed, pulling Azumi towards where the rest of the team stood.

'Maybe the heroine isn't that bad!!' Hayami thought excitedly in her head. Maybe her sweet heroine can still happen!!

Sweet Hayami really is too sweet...

The group continued their journey through the forest model, making their way past all the traps and strings.

While our crown prince was protecting Hayami, Hayami on the other hand was watching over the female lead, for she has been triggering all the traps they have stumbled upon.

"For the last time, please just watch where you are stepping!" Their teammate yelled at Azumi as they tried to block the paint balls after Azumi tripped once again.

"S-sorry! I didn't mean it!" Azumi can only say back as she hid behind Hayami.

Hayami felt really bad for the female lead since this was the part of the story where the female lead boosted Toshiro's ego by tripping and letting him protect her. But since Toshiro for some reason (ahem- the crown prince) wasn't in the team along with Hayami and Azumi.

During this whole time, our d̶e̶v̶i̶l̶ o̶f̶ a̶ p̶r̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ amazing crown prince Takahiro was just silently protecting Hayami while glaring at the female lead while she cowered behind Hayami.

"Hey, it's fine! I'm sure Azumi didn't mean it! Plus we have Hiro on our team! We can get through this even if she trips! So don't feel bad Azumi! I'll protect you!" Hayami said, trying to lighten the mood.

Now the two people most shocked by her statement were. of course, the crown prince and the female lead.

'Hayami, Hayami relies on me, she feels safe with me around! She... She needs me.' The crown prince couldn't help but smile at the thought of Hayami needing him. And with that he fastened his pace.

'This- this isn't the Hayami-Chan mother told me about... Mother said Hayami-Chan is here to hurt me... to take everything from me... but, but she's so nice to me...'

————————————————————
a/n

ahahahaha- so I lost all motivation for this story-

butttt i will be continuing it, it's just that the chapters will be significantly shorter since I really don't have the motivation for it and plus the fact that school has started for me-

so sorry to my readers but pls bare with me-

kana