HAYAMI - TWENTY THREE

AUTHOR-SAMA POV:

After who knows how many more paint ball canons, the group finally arrived out of the forest with no one's clothing dirtied, unless you mean the dirt that got on Azumi when she tripped that couple hundred times.

"Gosh Azumi how are you so clumsy?!" one of their teammates exclaimed out of annoyance.

"I-" before Azumi can talk back, Aliya continued on. "we could've finished so much earlier if you'd stop tripping over every single trap!"

Azumi looked down at her feet as she tried to hold back her tears.

Our Hayami on the other hand was confused af, in the original, the first male lead, Toshiro was supposed to be here to defend Azumi but he was no where to be seen!

"But of course, I'm not that surprised, I mean you do come from a unclean background. You don't even have any noble blood in your-" The student was cut off by Hayami as she got sick of the bullying she's witnessing.

"Stop it Aliya. One's background should not define oneself." She says as she steps in between Azumi and Aliya.

"We still got through the map and is in first place, don't be so hard on Azumi." She continues.

"But-" Aliya, of course doesn't want the Yotamaki's young miss to think she's bad so she tries to explain herself.

"Don't worry, I know it was said because of anger, it's ok!" Hayami saw what she was thinking and quickly comforted her before giving her a head pat on Aliya's head.

"Y-yes, thank you for forgiving me Hayami-Sama!" Aliya quickly bowed before running off with a red face.

'hm, am I scary? why do they keep on running away?' Hayami thought but then remembered that the heroine was still behind her.

"Ah! Right! Are you ok? Please don't take her words to heart! She was just a little mad, Aliya didn't mean any of it!" Hayami turned around and comforted Azumi who was really doubting what her mother has said about Hayami.

"ok... t-thank you again... if you need anything I can also help you..." Azumi said that to Hayami. "BUT- It's only so that i don't owe you anything! it's not that i like you ok!" She quickly explained before turning away with a blush on her face.

Hayami giggled to herself before patting the heroine on her head and walking back to the crown prince.

'who knew the heroine would be a tsundere...'

————————————————————
a/n

yayyyy another half-assed chapter- sorry i'm trying to update the story at least once per month but school is fucking up my whole schedule-

i'll try to write more but like, i'm in a writers block- still don't worry! i won't drop this story!

again, thank you for reading!