Crowned in Crimson - 44

Roman leaned over the railing of the Black Tower's balcony. He faced not the glistening blue sea that spread out of the bay and into the skyline, but the Arolars behind the city of sin. Pale-stoned, clif-like, and capped with ever present snow, their ridge blocked the Black Prince's view into Aros. With a bend of a frown at the angle of his mouth, Roman stared at these mountains.

"My Prince," He heard his henchman's voice behind him. "There's a woman here to see you."

"I told him I don't need any escort, but your man insisted, Roman," The woman giggled, a youthful, pleasant ring. "Last time I visited this place was full of thugs, not gentlemen."

Roman turned around, lips curving a smile as he eyed the woman. She wore a sleeveless blouse, her hips curved and her breasts filled to the brim. Her hair, black as coal, spilled over her slim, creamy shoulders, and her ice blue eyes were a pair of crystals in the sunlight.

He waved away his henchman, and stepped to greet her. "Mrs. Telamon, even more beautiful than I remembered."

"Ugh'," The woman grunted, her gentle features twisting in disgust. "You know I hate that name, Roman."

"My apologies," The Black Prince bowed before her, took her hand in his, and kissed its back. "Siera, my dear."

"Much better." She said, face easing into a smile. "Besides, it's Ms. now, you know."

Roman smiled wide, not bothering to act surprised. "Widowhood befits you."

Siera laughed, spun in a whirl of long, black hair, and curtsied with a playful bat of her eyelashes. "Widow, and only heir."

Roman perked an eyebrow. "You got him to wed you as a slave girl, and killed his first wife before you killed him?"

"I had him to kill that bitch himself." Seira sneered. "And by himself I mean give the order to his men. That is as close as that pathetic coward could go."

Roman laughed loudly, almost melodically. "You really destroyed the man, haven't you dear?"

Her sneer deepened with loathing. "That old fucking pervert sealed his own fate when he first laid hands on me."

The Black Prince looked at her, and a predatory gleam danced in his emerald eyes. "What a woman you are, Siera." He raised a hand, brushed his fingers up her neck like feathers, and touched her features with the delicacy you grant a masterpiece of art. "So beautiful and murderous... I can't help desiring to make you mine."

"I am surprised you show such restraint." Siera pursed her ruby lips. "The Black Prince isn't known for patience when it comes to taking what he desires."

"That is so." Roman nodded, withdrew his hand. "But you are an exception. You have made a long way from the broken slave girl you were when we first met. I will have you come to me. And I fear that this time, you haven't come to me with romantic purpose in mind."

"Unfortunately, you're right, my prince." She gazed at him unflinching. "I have come to seek your aid again."

"That is fine and dandy, my dear." Roman stepped around her, one arm circled her waist, dragging a stroke from her hip to the small of her back. "But-" He abruptly detached from her, hand raising in a dismissive wave as he walked up to the railing. "I don't do favors."

Siera raised an eyebrow. "You saw fit to help me before."

"Lord Telamon contested my Venium trafficking in Anerock, it was my interest to celebrate his premature funeral."

"Trust me, it is in your interest to help me again."

"How so?" He peered to the sea, keeping her talking to his back.