Chapter 1

Chris looked at the view,peeking through the morning fog was the tip of the distant castle.

He sighed and looked to the slope before him,he smiled and jumped off the edge.

The wind blew in his brown hair as he slid down,he then extended his arms in a quick motion.

A flat piece of rock shot out as he tumbled to a stop,Chris heard someone behind him as he laughed and turned around"why do you have to go so far?"his sister Jewel grumbled.

She tumbled down the slope to Chris's feet and huffed,making a piece of her dark brown hair fly out her face"don't be grumpy,you like it out here too!"he helped up Jewel.

Jewel rolled her eyes"yeah,when I was six.now I have to chase my baby brother around."Chris crosses his arms"I'm only a year younger,and we have the same birthday too!"Jewel glared at him"you were the worst birthday gift ever."she informed.

"You were even worse!"Chris grumbled"Jewel scoffed"let's just get home,ok?"Chris sighed"fine."

~~~~~

The siblings walked down the path silently"that slope was strange wasn't it?it just stopped out of nowhere!"Jewel said,unknowing to Chris's power.

"Yeah.."Chris mumbled as he kicked a rock,Jewel looked into her brothers eyes"what?"Chris asked"you think you're that prophecy kid no one will shut up about?you have a mix of green and brown eyes."Jewel said with a tilt of her head.

Chris gulped what if that is me?"I'm pretty sure they're hazel,Jewel."she sighed"same difference!"Chris rolled his eyes as they walked into the village,young children played and ran as adults bought goods from the many markets.

The smell of bread and elder's perfume filled their noses making Jewel and Chris sigh,Chris hummed as he looked in his pocket"three pieces of silver,foods on me."he said"fine but I'm picking the food,you have terrible taste!"Jewel informer to get a playful shove from her brother.

~~~~~

A merchant handed Chris his bread,Chris began to hear hooves"there's a horse!"he exclaimed"where-"

Chris turned to see a man holding Jewel's wrist,a black horse with a wagon behind him"hey let go of her!"Chris shoved out his hands making a wall of rocks come out the ground.

The horse reared making some shocked noises come from the wagon"listen here two eyes,you and this girl are coming with me to king David!"the merchant spoke up"are they criminals?"the man ignored him as he tied up the kids and threw them in the wagon.

Jewel groaned"nice going,genius,we got kidnapped!"Chris sighed"I didn't want to hurt anyone,ok?"Jewel glared at him"and you have powers,what the heck!?"before the argument could flare up someone cleared their throat.

The siblings looked to the three others in the wagon all around their age"oh..hi!"Chris greeted.