Chapter 1: Introducing Pigeon Boy

**GABRIELLE POV**

Talk about D-R-A-M-A. First, that WITCH accused ME of stealing HER english essay! Then I have to come home to this! A messy house, a drunk dad and a hysterical sister. My dad was yelling in the kitchen about a lack of beer and my seven year old sister was in the room we shared, just crying her eyes out.

I dropped my school bag and knelt down next to Payton's little body and stroked her jet black hair, "Hey Payton, don't cry. Daddy's not worth your tears, baby." I cooed as I hugged her. My father wasn't always a good-for-nothing drunk, we were a normal family once upon a time. I blame my mom. Ever since she ran away with some guy (that she had an affair with four years ago) our family scattered to pieces. My dad, Payton and I? Our lives turned completely upside down. My dads life spiraled downward the most. He lost his job, started drinking and he was never the same again. He's alcohol caused us to go bankrupt, forcing us to live in the two bedroom matchbox sized apartment. I was forced to get a job at the local supermarket to support his habit and provide for Payton and myself.

Payton was still sobbing in my arms, so I carried her to the bed we shared and told her to close her eyes. I grabbed my school back and took out the CD out. The CD I bought. 

"Okay, you can open your eyes now" I said. Payton slowly opened her eyes and as soon as she figured out what was in my hand, her blue eyes widened and she grabbed the CD out of my hand. "YOU BOUGHT US THE NEW ONE DIRECTION CD!!!" She yelled, bouncing up and down, making the bed squeek.

We saved up for ages just so we could get the One Direction 'Take Me Home' album as soon as it was released.

I remember how Payton and I would walk around in the streets of Sydney, looking for lost cents to add to our "Direction Fund" as Payton called it. Payton put the CD into the CD player. "We're going to listen to 'Little Things' first" she said, I grabbed my beat up phone and logged onto twitter. "Come on, I wanna take a pic with the cover" I said, I snapped a picture of me with CD cover of 'Take Me Home'. The picture actually looked good, I wasn't very photogenic, in fact, I wasn't photogenic at all.

What, with my light brown hair up in a bun and my bangs were framing my face in a meesy disarray. Yeah, my blue eyes had a sparkle but that was because of the flash of the camera.

I posted the picture and tweeted :

Its_Gabby1D : listening to #Takemehome with the baby sis. Good de-stresser @onedirection

After half an hour of aimlessly scrolling through random tweets, my phone buzzed. I went to my mentions. I got a tweet from @Pigeonlover143 asking for a follow back. I gladly obliged and then continued to scroll through pointless tweets. Minutes later my phone buzzed again, this time it was DM, pigeonlover143 had DM-ed me.

Pigeonlover143 : Well, hello there, Gabby

At first I was shocked, this random stranger knew my name, but then I realized its in my twitter name.

Its_Gabby1D : Hey what's up?

I typed back, I went to read Pigeonlover143's bio and it read "Hello! I'm am a boy. A boy who has a fettish attraction to birds, preferably PIGEONS!" ... Well, what a strange boy he seemed to be.

Pigeonlover143 : What is up? The sky is up! :) and in the sky is a .. PIGEON

I burst out laughing, causing Payton to stop dancing to the song 'Back To You' and look at me inquisitively, I shook my head at her.

Its_Gabby1D : Well, you're quite random, I literally burst out laughing right now, still amused as I typed this.

Pigeonlover143 : Glad I could make a beautiful girl laugh :)

I stared at the screen of my phone, re-reading the message to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. My previous amusement vanished.

Pigeonlover143 : Why so silent?

Oh god, how do I reply to this?

Its_Gabby1D : Just busy with other things

I retorted, well played Gabrielle, well played

Pigeonlover143 : what kinda things?

What is this guy?! A stalker?!

Its_Gabby1D : things that have nothing to do with you, that kinda things

I DM-ed back. Smiling, I wasn't always this witty but this strange boy brought confidence out of me.

Pigeonlover143 : there is no "thing" is there?

I sighed in defeat

Its_Gabby1D : Oh you got me pigeon boy!

Pigeonlover143 : Pigeon boy eh? I see I'm growing on you, I already have a nickname.

Its_Gabby1D : Its no nickname, mate. I call you that because I don't know your name. Just that you're obession with Pigeons

I set my phone down and got changed into my fuzzy pajamas, Payton was sitting on the floor with her headphones on. I made sure to lock our bedroom door before I crawled into bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I drifted into dreamland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AuthorsNote :

Bree : There are loads are spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and punctuation errors in this. Please don't judge us, this is our first fanfic! :)

Meezie : HI! Yeah! What Bree said about the fanfic! And please!! VOTE/COMMENT and tell us what you think! Will update as soon as we can! Love you all!