Chapter 5: Nostalgia

**GABRIELLE POV**

"Aaaaah! so its true? One Direction are coming to Sydney? No Lies?" Payton shrieked, grabbing me by the shoulders. She was pretty strong for a seven year old. Remind me to cut off her granola bar intake.

"Yes! Payton for the 100th time YES! they are coming here" I said breaking free from her unusually strong grip, Payton let out another cry of excitement but was silenced but a loud BANG coming from the living room. I told her to stay in the room while i went to inspect what caused the noise.

It was my dad, carrying (or more like clinging lustfully) to a bottle of cheap red wine. He hadn't come home last night, which would explain Payton and my carefree behaviour.

"Um...Hey dad" i greeted, standing in front of my room door like a security guard. "Hi...err Gabz" my dad replied, struggling to remember my name. He didn't seem too drunk so i built up the courage to ask, "Where were you last night?" inwardly cringing. "A meeting" he replied sounding rehearsed. Probably a beer meeting, i thought sarcastically. "What kind of meeting?" i asked cautiously, Praying for a non-violent response. "Alcoholics Anonymous," he slurred slightly, "I'm trying to cut down on the drinking" he added chuckling. Emphasise on trying.

"Well...good for you, Goodnight" i said, turning my back on him and touching the door knob. "Goodnight, Bunny" my dad said.

Whoa, my dad hasn't called me "Bunny" since i was twelve. Maybe he was trying to change, but then again, he has been trying since i was fourteen.

"Gabby...he...he called you bunny" Payton said, clearly shocked, coming out of her hiding place behind the chest of drawers. "I know" I replied, still stunned. My dad hasn't used his nickname for me since the day my mom left us and hearing that one word, a word that would be meaningless to others, held so much memories for me. Good memories and bad memories that were turned into good ones.

Slowly the nostalgia crept into me.

I stayed up the entire night, reminiscing, about the time when I had a family that didn't consist of just Payton and I. Don't get me wrong, I was honestly really grateful for Payton. She was the only real family I had.

I remembered one night, when Payton was five, she had a really bad nightmare, because we'd watched an R-rated movie without my parents permission. My mom, dad and I comforted her by making her hot chocolate and staying up all night with her, watching Barbie movies to get the bad thoughts out of her head.

Till this day, we still couldn't stand the sight or smell of hot chocolate and we couldn't even watch a Barbie movie without bursting into tears.

My "mother" (if I could even call her that) had ruined it for us. She denied Payton and I of a normal family, she ruined our childhood. She ruined everything.

"You better off without her" I repeated my mantra in my head. I didn't need to worry about my past right now. I had more important things to deal with ...

Like ... WHAT THE HELL I PLANNED ON WEARING TO THE ONE DIRECTION SIGINING!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AuthorsNote

Bree : Hey readers! Here's chapter 5! Hope you enjoyed it, loves! Even though it was quite an uneventful. This chapter is more of a filler, we promise chapter 6 will be the best!!

Meezie : Hey, mates! What do you say? We push this to 100 reads (or more) by midnight? 100 reads in under 24 hours isn't too much to ask Is it? Thanks!

VOTE

VOTE

COMMENT

COMMENT

PS. Bree and I have decided to add a playlist, tell us whether you guys would like that or not:)