Chapter 9 : A Talk In The Park

**GABRIELLE POV**

With absolutely no idea where we were headed, Louis and I just walked along the pavement. Louis even decided to buy us two ice cream sugar cones.

Chocolate flavour.

"So, where's Payton?" Louis asked me. I was about to ask him how he knew about Payton, but then I remembered, twitter. I tweeted a lot about her. Pigeon boy, or Louis, and I had always spoken a lot about Payton.

"She's with Mrs Roseberry, pigeon boy. She's sleeping over by her friend for the week" I replied. I couldn't call him 'Louis' just yet. I didn't have enough self-control for that. If I did, which I wouldn't until the novelty of being Louis Tomlinsons friend wore off, I'd drop my cone and fangirl in the middle of the street. I'd be doing exactly what he feared.

"Pigeon boy, eh? I see I'm growing on you. I already have a nickname" he smirked. If I ever doubted he was pigeon boy before, I didn't doubt it anymore.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, smart move, mate"

He poked my cheek "I thought I was forgiven. Why so sour?" I turned my head to shoot him a look but instead, I laughed. He was all pouty! I looked away to stop laughing but when I looked back at him, I laughed again.

The laughing released some tension, giving me a little more self-control. "I have. Its just ... I'm so conflicted right now. I'm EXTREMELY angry that you didn't tell me who you really were. I'm also EXTREMELY shy to be around someone of the opposite gender, who doesn't happen to be my dad or pose as a threat to me. To make it worse, I'd like to fangirl my ass off right here, right now. Maybe, if you'd told who you were, I wouldn't be nervous and I would have fangirled a month ago. Meaning, I'd be calm right now" I said, all in one breath.

Suddenly, Louis was laughing. I'd expected that much. "Nothing I can do about the nerves. You've forgiven me for not telling you who I am. About the fangirling ..." Louis looked around quickly. Satisfied, he grabbed my arm and dragged me behind a nearby tree. "Count of three, we fangirl. One ..." "But, pigeon boy--" "... Two ..." Pigeon boy!" "THREE! OMG! OMG! OMG! YOU MET ONE DIRECTION! YOU LUCKY BASTARD!" I laughed at him but then joined screaming "I KNOW RIGHT! AHHHHHH!" "NIALLS EYES!!!! GASP!!" "AND ZAYNS SMILE!!!" "AND HARRYS CURLS!!!" "OH AND LIAM!! YOU HAVENT SEEN ANYTHING UNTIL YOU SEE LIAM IN PERSON!!!" "THEN THERES LOUIS ..." He stopped, prompting me to finish the statement. I laughed loudly then said, okay screamed, "LOUIS TOMLINSON!!! HIS EYES!! HIS SMILE!! I THINK I DIED AND WENT TO DIRECTIONER HEAVEN!!" I kneeled over laughing as he jumped up and down. Squeeling and laughing.

"I swear, you fangirl better than I do!" I laughed when he finally stopped.

THAT was the best five minutes of my life and if you were to ask me again in fifty years, I would still say it was those five minutes.

Louis shrugged, "I've spent a lot of time around directioners and around Susan Boyle. Me, fangirling over Susan Boyle, could be a number 1 hit on you tube, I promise" he laughed as we spotted a park and walked over to it.

I laughed "of all the rumours, I expected that to be false!" "It is, I fangirl over Zayn. Not Susan Boyle" he replied with a dead straight face. I laughed again. Not because of his statement but because of how straight his face was. Either you're embarassed for admitting you fangirl over your band mate or you smirk for joking about fangirling over your beat mate. He's face was just too straight!

***********************************

**LOUIS POV**

Just watching Gabby laugh sent a pleasant pain shooting through my chest. I absolutely loved her laugh. How had I lived without it? I don't know. I don't care either. All I know is, I can't live without it anymore.