VK's In School

The next day was the first day the VK's would be attending classes at Auradon Prep. I would have loved to help them around the school, but as per my duties to Ben, I was to accompany him all day. I changed into a long-sleeved, white, shoulderless dress that reached my feet with a split up my leg with an ice blue belt around my waist. I was wearing ice blue heels, my hair pulled into a loose bun with a few strands loose. Ben was on a strict schedule. School, tourney practice, then school again. I was sitting in the bleachers, scribbling notes in my folder as I waited for Ben to finish. "Jay, Ben, offence!" Coach Jenkins called, "Chad, you're defence! Elira!" My head snapped up, "Hey, the Shooter is broke, can you step in?"

"I...ok." I muttered. I closed my book, setting it to the side as I stood and made my way over to the dragon-less stand, rolling my sleeves up. I flexed my fingers, snow starting to fall from my fingertips. Coach Jenkins helped me onto the stand, and I got ready.

"Hey, you! Lost boy!" Coach shouted towards Carlos, "Put your helmet on, get out of the kill zone! Pick it up, put it on, two hands!" Coach blew the whistle and the practice started. Jay was running through all of the players, knocking them off their feet. When he started to run through the kill zone, I started to attack, firing snowballs towards him, however, Jay dodged each projectile with ease. My eyebrow lifted as I watched him. I watched as Jay ran over Carlos and then knocked Ben out of the way to grab the ball, hitting it into the back of the net. He took off his helmet and then started to do a victory dance. Coach Jenkins then blew the whistle again, "You!" He yelled at Jay, "Get over here." Jay looked confused as the team gathered around Coach. Audrey was glaring at Jay, while all of the other cheerleaders were shouting praises at Jay. As Jay jogged over, Coak Jenkins offered me his hand. I took it with a smile as I slid off the podium. When Jay was close enough, Coach Jenkins rounded on him, "What do you call that?" Coach Jenkins demanded. Chad sent the isle born boy a smug look. "I call that raw talent. Come find me later and I'll show you something you haven't seen before, it's called a rule book. Welcome to the team son." Coach Jenkins clapped Jay on the shoulder. He then turned to Carlos. "You ever think about band?"

"Ha-ha." Carlos droned. Jay laughed mockingly.

"I'll work with him Coach." Ben said. I sighed.

"I can fit this in later today." I announced, "But it's gonna be short."

"Alright." Coach Jenkins muttered, "Let's run through that again." He then blew his whistle and the boys ran off. Coach Jenkins then helped me back onto the podium.

Ben, Chad, Audrey and I were walking back from practice

Ben, Chad, Audrey and I were walking back from practice. Chad and Audrey laughed at something Ben said, but soon cut themselves off. I looked to where they were staring at and saw Mal and Evie at Mal's locker. Chad lightly slapped Ben on the shoulder, "Hey. Those kids are trouble." He said. I watched as Evie walked away.

"Come on, Chad, give them a chance." Ben said.

"They've been here less a day." I reminded them.

"No offence Benny-Bear." Audrey started, taking Ben's hands in hers. "But you're just too trusting! I know your mum fell in love with a big nasty beast that turned out to be a prince. But with my mum, the evil fairy was just the evil fairy, that girl's mother!" She hissed the last bit, nodding in Mal's direction.

"I think you're wrong about them, I'll see you later." Ben and I walked away from the duo and up to Mal. She closed her locker and looked up at Ben, "Hey." Ben greeted.

"Hey." Mal replied.

"As much as I'd love to stay and chat, I need to go." I said. I turned to Ben, "After this you're training with Carlos, eleven on the dot, don't come any later, your already on a tight schedule as is."

"Ok." Ben said. I nodded to him and Mal before turning on my heel and walking away.